Tax advise

Moomoo

can someone please help me with this tax free threshold issue. I am on a 457 Visa and have been working here since 1st Dec 2015. On the question of to claim or not to claim the tax free threshold, wondering which is for me and what is the differences. Please any advise will be appreciated. :wink:

can someone please help me with this tax free threshold issue. I am on a 457 Visa and have been working here since 1st Dec 2015. On the question of to claim or not to claim the tax free threshold, wondering which is for me and what is the differences. Please any advise will be appreciated. :wink:

If you are living in Australia you will be resident in Australia for tax purposes therefore will pay tax on Australian income in Australia.

Do you have any UK income? That is where the UK tax free threshold becomes relevant.

If you are living in Australia you will be resident in Australia for tax purposes therefore will pay tax on Australian income in Australia.

Do you have any UK income? That is where the UK tax free threshold becomes relevant

Thanks and so do I claim the tax free threshold or not? My company was processing my pay with the tax free threshold then someone told me I should not claim the tax free threshold which then I will pay a tax rate which is higher. I m so confused. No UK income.

Thanks and so do I claim the tax free threshold or not? My company was processing my pay with the tax free threshold then someone told me I should not claim the tax free threshold which then I will pay a tax rate which is higher. I m so confused. No UK income.

Is the someone telling you this a qualified tax advisor?

If not, I suggest you disregard the advice you were given.

Best regards.

Archived