Shipping Company Recommendations Wanted

Scotty1981

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Scotty1981 I think whoever you choose there will be someone who has positive and negative opinions of the company. One of the best seem to be PSS. If I was you Id get 3 or 4 quotes and work from there. Make sure you read the small print as some companies are more transparent than others. Some companies will add an extra in to the price where others may have it as an optional extra. Also have a look at independant insurance companies like Letton Percival, they will save you a fortune.

I also have been looking into this as moving about the same time.

I got 3 quotes today.

PSS, Anglo Pacific and one called Move Corp.

PSS & Anglo Seemed similar in price, Move Corp a lot cheap, However, a google search showed some terrible reviews for Move corp, of lost belongings etc. PSS seem to have the most happy customers.

Would love to hear others actual experiences.

Hi

thank you for your responses, I am in the process of getting some quotes and have decided to try PSS, Whites and 1st Move International.

I am still waiting for PSS and Whites but 1st Move came back cheaper then I was expecting to pay for removals so I'm just waiting to see what the others come back with.

Have you looked into any companies to exchange your money with....

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming move....

My advice would be to always look for an international removal company that is a member of FIDI as they will be certified to the FAIM international moving quality standard, this means they are qualified for the specific skills/experience/knowledge required for international moving and are pre-vetted to reduce the risk of anything going wrong during your move. Additionally members of the BAR Overseas group offer an advance payment guarantee, you can also find reviews of members on their website.

When you get your quotes make sure they are all like-for-like including a similar volume, inclusions/exclusions, transit time, services (i.e. if anything is being crated or dismantled) and that the companies are of similar standing.

Hope that helps?

My advice would be to always look for an international removal company that is a member of FIDI as they will be certified to the FAIM international moving quality standard, this means they are qualified for the specific skills/experience/knowledge required for international moving and are pre-vetted to reduce the risk of anything going wrong during your move. Additionally members of the BAR Overseas group offer an advance payment guarantee, you can also find reviews of members on their website.

When you get your quotes make sure they are all like-for-like including a similar volume, inclusions/exclusions, transit time, services (i.e. if anything is being crated or dismantled) and that the companies are of similar standing.

Hope that helps?

Thank you, useful advise

Archived