ex husbands consent letter

geebee8

So now that we have finally got my ex husbands new address, we have written a letter asking him if he will sign the form (1229)

It says he will need a certified copy of his passport, drivers licence or birth certificate.

If he is willing to sign would it be best if we get a solicitor/notary near him to witness him signing the form as well as to certify his personal document copies?

Is that all we need to do if he is in agreement??

Im fully preparing myself for him not to agree and making sure we have lots of evidence and sending the letter sign for as proof.

Also how long is a reasonable amount of time to give him to reply before we go ahead with mediation/court?

So now that we have finally got my ex husbands new address, we have written a letter asking him if he will sign the form (1229)

It says he will need a certified copy of his passport, drivers licence or birth certificate.

If he is willing to sign would it be best if we get a solicitor/notary near him to witness him signing the form as well as to certify his personal document copies?

Is that all we need to do if he is in agreement??

Im fully preparing myself for him not to agree and making sure we have lots of evidence and sending the letter sign for as proof.

Also how long is a reasonable amount of time to give him to reply before we go ahead with mediation/court?

This is the best way to go about it, and I think that getting a solicitor local to him to do the necessary bits sounds like a very good idea.

If he doesn't agree, then mediation is the next step.

I have been through the procedure but mediation wasn't on offer back then so we went straight to court. The court date you can get within 6-8 weeks but it depends on the work load of the nominated court I'm afraid and this can vary significantly throughout the country.

Have a chat with @majortom he's just been to court today and may be able to help out with timescales a little better than me.

Thank you for your reply and sorry its taken a while to reply.

We have spoken to a few solicitor local to him and not sure if we need a notary or if just a solicitor certifiing his passport copy and to say he witnessed him signing the form will be enough. From reading other people seem to have just asked them to sign the form, but i would just like to cover ourselfs a bit. Dont want him saying later down the line we forced him to sign it or he didnt fully realise what he was signing, however Notary is £50 more and may not even be needed.

To be honest though im clutching at straws at the moment that he will even sign it, i have no idea how that blokes mind even works! But if he wont we will then cross that bridge.