Shipping Perth to UK

BilboBaggins

Hi ya moved from Perth to the Uk years back and about to do the reverse and heading back home to Australia from the UK. I used Grace Bros for my move to the Uk and am going with Santa fe Wrigeways for my return. I have been well impressed by both companies, Grace were fantastic for my move to the UK. I had to ask them do the packing for me as at the time I was recovering from a major illness....I cannot fault them they took great care and this included some difficult heavy items (such as 6 seater marble dining table ). All arrived safely and I was kept well informed.

Santa Fe Wridgeways are a company that has moved me and my family many times over the years all over Australia from one side to the the other ...we moved around a lot due to my dad's work so have a fair bit of experience in packing up homes...again we have no hesitations in choosing them to move me back to Australia, and to move my folks gear from Perth to Mulwala in NSW. I am sure they will do an excellent job this time too.

Hope that helps cheers Mary-Anne

Edited by maryannen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just moved from Perth to the UK and had quotes from Crown, Pickfords, Kent, Keys Bros and Wridgeways. Crown was the highest quote and Pickfords somewhere in the middle with Keys Bros and Kent the lowest quotes. Pickfords seriously underestimated the m3 in their quote compared to the others so be aware as you have to pay for anything above! Ended up going with Keys Bros who have been very good and couldn't fault them, but have had lots of problems with Britannia who they use in the UK. Britannia charged me an additional $2000 for handling and delivery despite already having paid door-door because the container cannot be unloaded at the house. They also hold your container at ransom until you pay and threaten to charge you more for additional storage if you dont pay! If you are not sure if the container can stop outside your house in the UK I suggest get quotes on how much it would cost you in addition to have it delivered!