Margaret River, Perth car hire and wine tours

Lulu Lilly

Hi everyone :cool:

Just visiting here as I'm on the side of the country but would like to pick your brains please.

We (hubby and I) have decided to go to Margaret River for our anniversary. Would anyone be able to advise on the following please?

I prefer to go with recommendations and I will be very grateful for any info you are able to supply please:

Car hire companies from Perth Airport to Margaret River

Wine tours (we like a drop of wine :wink: every now and then, red and white)

Any good things to do in Perth and Margaret River, places to visit, restaurant recommendations, parks, safe beaches, things to try/buy, etc.

Thank you very much :D

Depending on time of arrival at the airport, get a cab to 'No Birds' / 'Bayswater hire cars'. Generally cheapest and usualy with enough km per day to get you to MR.

Wine tours? DIY it. Start At Busso, and head down to Augusta. Go somewhere like 'Flame Trees' do some tasting, and then grab a map of all the winerys. Nice port at Gralyn Estate.

Throw in some cave trips and a lighthouse or two.

Busso is good for the beach .. very safe.

• 3 weeks later...
Depending on time of arrival at the airport, get a cab to 'No Birds' / 'Bayswater hire cars'. Generally cheapest and usualy with enough km per day to get you to MR.

Wine tours? DIY it. Start At Busso, and head down to Augusta. Go somewhere like 'Flame Trees' do some tasting, and then grab a map of all the winerys. Nice port at Gralyn Estate.

Throw in some cave trips and a lighthouse or two.

Busso is good for the beach .. very safe.

Sorry i have to disagree as somebody that lives here in Margaret River. Get a proper wine tour its totally worth it especially if you want to do tastings.. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE !! I recommend Wine for dudes. Run by Johnno and Kirsty Drummond you will go to heaps of winerys plus they take you to the cheese and chocolate factory too. Pre planned route totally great.

We also have amazing beaches here in Margaret River and also very safe !as far along caves road to Contos beach.