Colour copies of documents for 189 visa application

Theresa13

I wonder if anyone could help me please, we have just been selected from the EOI to submit an application for a 189 visa. I have had a look at historical posts and they mentioned that you can submit colour copies of documents however the application guidance states all documents must be certified. Does anyone know if colour copies are still accepted without being certified? Who can certify documents? Thank you for your help in advance.

Thank you Selina. Am I right in thinking that black and white documents must be certified? Also are all colour copies accepted or do they require official documents like passports to be certified. Lastly I notice that you have recently gone through the process, can I ask did you wait for your co to request medicals and police checks. Thank you in advance.

Nothing needs to be certified as long as its colour copies of 'original' documents. So a photocopy of a passport is fine, but a photocopy of a photocopy of a passport is not. Although with the quality of scanners nowadays I don't foresee that they'd be able to tell the difference anyway.

Black and white will always need to be certified.

Thank you Selina. Am I right in thinking that black and white documents must be certified? Also are all colour copies accepted or do they require official documents like passports to be certified. Lastly I notice that you have recently gone through the process, can I ask did you wait for your co to request medicals and police checks. Thank you in advance.

I waited for CO to request them as we wanted to give ourselves as much time as possible to make the move or validate. You must enter Australia 12 months from the date of your police check or medical (whichever is the earliest) x

Archived