***Help!*** Expression of interest????? Visa 189 hell.

Flumper

Im a total idiot, I'll start off with that as it can only get better.

I have been on a 457 for nearly 4 years, it finishes in March. I'm applying for a 189 skilled independent visa(I'm an emergency nurse). I have nearly everything ready........my question is do I have to do an expression of interest before I can even apply? If so how long does that take? (stressed to hell). Yes I'm an idiot. I can't get a bridging visa until I have my actual application in the post right?

Note* my work are not doing nominations at the moment, so that's not an option.

I feel so sad I'm going have to leave the job I love because I've left things too late. :-(

Any help and advice would be great. xx:confused:

Im a total idiot, I'll start off with that as it can only get better.

I have been on a 457 for nearly 4 years, it finishes in March. I'm applying for a 189 skilled independent visa(I'm an emergency nurse). I have nearly everything ready........my question is do I have to do an expression of interest before I can even apply? If so how long does that take? (stressed to hell). Yes I'm an idiot. I can't get a bridging visa until I have my actual application in the post right?

Note* my work are not doing nominations at the moment, so that's not an option.

I feel so sad I'm going have to leave the job I love because I've left things too late. :-(

Any help and advice would be great. xx:confused:

Hi Flumper,

I'll try to get through your questions in order.

Yes you need to submit an EOI.

The time to get an invitation depends on your points total. If you have 65 or above then you'll be invited in about a week if you apply within the next 5 days

Less than 60 then you may be waiting up to 6 weeks for an invitation.

The 189 is online based so when you apply and pay for the visa, then you'll be eligible for bridging visa once the 457 runs out.

Questions for you:

Have you looked into whether you need a skills assessment?

Have you done the IELTS for the visa application (if needed)?

How many points do you have?

I have to do the English test again because I got 6 something in the listening test in Ielts.....there was a map and I buggered up. :-S I'm doing the PTE exam on Tuesday and will do it every week until I've got good marks. This will make my score at least 60.......hoping more depending on my English mark. Ive done the skills check and just waiting on police checks.

Thank you so much......I'll be cutting it fine but fingers crossed! :-S

I have to do the English test again because I got 6 something in the listening test in Ielts.....there was a map and I buggered up. :-S I'm doing the PTE exam on Tuesday and will do it every week until I've got good marks. This will make my score at least 60.......hoping more depending on my English mark. Ive done the skills check and just waiting on police checks.

Thank you so much......I'll be cutting it fine but fingers crossed! :-S

If you manage over 60 points then you will get invited on the next available round, providing that it's in by midnight on the day before the invitation round. (Rounds are held at midnight Canberra time in the morning of the round date)

If you get the minimum 60 then you might be in trouble because even if you applied today then you would likely to only be invited on 4th March.

You don't need to have the police checks at time of application so no need to worry about that. You will need the PTE results before making the EOI application.

The following is a guide of the remaining invitation rounds for Feb & March. These dates are not confirmed but are highly likely:

5th and 19th February

4th and 18th March

Pressure is on to get the top marks in the PTE, good luck!!!!

Just letting you know that my gf is also a nurse we opted with asking her company to sponsor her for residency on 186 (Temp Resident transition stream). In doing this you do not require and English test or need your skills assessed or to lodge anexpression of interest.

Archived