186 direct entry_university lecturer

unique5787

Hi Guys,

I am currently an university lecturer in Australia. My employer applied nomination for me a week ago. In my situation, how long will it cost for nomination approved and visa approved?

Many people submitted visa application before nomination approved. Will it speed up the whole visa application process?

Cheers

My husband took the same pathway, submitted both the nomination and application at the same time with all documents front loaded - including medicals. It took 3 months for visa confirmation. There was no correspondence in the meantime, no further request for info etc. As no skills assessment was required (being on the exempt list) this made it such a straight forward application/process.

Many thanks!

3 months is not a very long time. You mentioned that your husband submitted both the nomination and application at the same time. Is this helps to get earlier visa granted in your opinion?

My husband took the same pathway, submitted both the nomination and application at the same time with all documents front loaded - including medicals. It took 3 months for visa confirmation. There was no correspondence in the meantime, no further request for info etc. As no skills assessment was required (being on the exempt list) this made it such a straight forward application/process.

Its not my place to have an opinion on that as I don't work for immigration and not a MARA registered agent. It was done that way because the University advised us it was how they always do it, and they do many applications of exactly the same. However, we were a very straight forward application. Everyone is case by case, so I don't want to say what may help or not.

So I will ask my HR for her advise. Thanks:laugh:

Its not my place to have an opinion on that as I don't work for immigration and not a MARA registered agent. It was done that way because the University advised us it was how they always do it, and they do many applications of exactly the same. However, we were a very straight forward application. Everyone is case by case, so I don't want to say what may help or not.

I am writing to ask one more question. I just got married with my wife in Australia, actually, we have been married for a month. I want to submit the application for permanent residence and bring my wife as a dependent. Will there be any limits with regards to the years of our marriage or something else? Thanks very much!

Hi Guys,

I am currently an university lecturer in Australia. My employer applied nomination for me a week ago. In my situation, how long will it cost for nomination approved and visa approved?

Many people submitted visa application before nomination approved. Will it speed up the whole visa application process?

Cheers

186 Direct entry visas are currently taking about 5 months to be approved. If your nomination and visa are submitted close together then they are likely to be processed together. But that relies on your nomination definitely being successful, because if your nomination is rejected then you have lost the money you paid for your visa. If you wait until nomination has been approved then you will be looking at another wait for your visa, but it would hopefully not be another 5 months. Processing has been incredibly slow lately - May 2015 applications were processed in about 3 months, July applications took over 6 months, and it must speed up, surely!

I am writing to ask one more question. I just got married with my wife in Australia, actually, we have been married for a month. I want to submit the application for permanent residence and bring my wife as a dependent. Will there be any limits with regards to the years of our marriage or something else? Thanks very much!

Would your spouse have to have been on your employer's 186 nomination in order to be included in your visa? Check this with HR, or ring Immi. Presumably your spouse doesn't already have PR or is an Aus citizen? Maybe HR can amend their nomination to include your wife?

Congratulations by the way!

My wife is included in this nomination. Thanks!

Would your spouse have to have been on your employer's 186 nomination in order to be included in your visa? Check this with HR, or ring Immi. Presumably your spouse doesn't already have PR or is an Aus citizen? Maybe HR can amend their nomination to include your wife?

Congratulations by the way!

Archived