Any Help please

robsozhope

Hi, I did my ielts exam on Saturday, fingers crossed for the mark of 8's,I am a Qualified Barber having owned my own shop for over 3 years, also Qualified Hairdresser , so i am having to go down the Hairdressing route 190 Visa. I am collecting my photo's towards my skills papers hope to hand them to my Agent late Feb ,I am not sure what the skills assessment entails or the time frame !! if you know or if anybody else could advise ,I would be grateful. Thanks.

No problem. I haven't had to do my ielts as I'm now hoping for a 186 visa in tassie, I can't do the 190 as I have miss he 5 year post qualification experience by a couple of months, and I don't have enough funds for the NT 190. Hope you get the results you want in your ielts! When are you putting in your vetassess?

Thank you Vickiw89, get results about 6 th for my ielts fingers crossed , i am getting my Video and Photos completed ask we speak ,i have been a Barber for over 20 years having own Business's before . But am refreshing on my ladies hairdressing and having read your other thread you mentioned , which has helped, thank you. I have a agent and hope to have all my paper to them by middle of Feb,i am noe sure what happens after that. Or the time frame ....have you any other advice at all please.? I would be grateful.

When did you first start the whole process? And what stage are you at so for?.

Fingers crossed for you! We started this process this time last year, I sent my paperwork to vetassess and got a positive result 2 weeks later, was so quick, I had a massive wait for my certificate from vetassess it was about 5 months. We had planned to do a 489 in queensland but by the time it came round to it it had been taken off, I was gutted. Luckily I've found a great employer in tasmania who is willing to sponsor me for permanent residency and we are just at the start of the process, it will take 6 months to grant once we've put our application in. Things can change so quickly, my advice would be do as much revision as you can for the technical, I found it really hard. Put as much evidence as you can in your paper part and get it in as soon as you can! Especially if you have a preferred state! Have you been to oz before?

Hi vickiw89 , I am a barber by trade ,having had my own shop for over 3 years and had businesses before, but haven't done ladies "hairdressing" for over 15 years ,I have it in my head just need to study up abit and put it in to practice again lol. May I ask when you did you video's and photos how much info and how many photos / video's did you do/take ,and how many styles/colours/cuts did you cover please? Thank you . Also did you/or can you do you medicals and police checks anytime ?so that they are already done? An do you send of your vetassess form back before or with you photo/videos? Thanks again .

There's a list on vetassess website that tells you what you need to put in, worth looking there in case it's changed since I did mine. Haven't done medicals and police checks as this comes in with your visa application, your agent will tell you when to do these I'd of thought. Not sure what you mean with the vetassess form, you have to post it off all together with every single document you're sending. What agency are you using?

Thanks Vickiw89, i will look on the vetassess website , I am using Agents @ Immigration2oz .They have been with me since Nov 15. They are just abit slow replying to my emails and following up.

They seemed to make out that I did my ielts first then the Vetassess, so thats why I maybe be running abit late with things I think.!

Yes vicki , they are MARA :0426480 , I had emailed them last Thursday and they haven't got back to me just yet(hopefully Monday). What date is your ielts. Is AQFIII the Vetassess result code? I have had a good look on the Vetassess website an their video stage 1&2 very informative.

That's ok then, seems a bit odd that they are taking a while to reply though! I don't need to do my ielts as my visa doesn't require it. The AQF is the certificate you'll receive if you pass both parts of the vetassess assessment, you'll need this before you submit your eoi. It doesn't sound like your agent is being too helpful, they should have explained this all to you!

It's only as the visa I'm applying for doesn't require it, if I was going for the 190 I would have to do it which I would've hated! Not good with tests! The first part is the paper part, so sent off all my qualifications, work references and proof of employment and all my evidence and then once I'd passed that it was a technical interview, they don't do practicals for hairdressing. It's a Skype interview that can last up to 2 hours, the longest part was waiting for the AQFIII to be sent, it took 5 months to get it! Yes you have to pay vetassess at each stage, I paid them direct as I wasn't using an agent to do that part, I guess you'd pay your agent but I'm not sure.

wow no practical ay. A 2 hour skype sounds hard though, as you and laurahair discussed in your main thread, was i tall questions on hair or bit of general aspect talk? Sounds very intense. So you paid $635 ,then $1350 and then $1580 is that correct or ?.

Yes that price sound right, as i looked again and the 3rd price was for a "practical" test , so other 2 prices will be paper checking an their fee for "tec" maybe. I have had email back from my agent and am hopefully taking i all my documents in for a face-face at there office, which i proffer as i always have many questions for people.

How many videos did you send in and how many photo's please ? i dont want to send to many.

How much you put in is down to you, but what you need to remember is that vetassess are an assessing body and they are asking you to prove you're capable of doing everything they ask, the more evidence you put in the better chance you'll have of passing.

Hi Vickiw89, Sounds like your plans are going well re 186 visa I hope ?

I unfortunately missed my pass mark 8 ,in my IELTS only getting L7.5 -R6 W6 - S9 =7 overall .

I didn't write enough words for BOTH Letter and Essay . I am booked in again on 18 th Feb, so trying hard this time i now know what to expect.

Archived