Paperwork

Loulou

Hi all,

As some of you are aware Iam planning on emmigrating soon, just trying to set up a file with important documents and paperwork that may be required when I get to oz. Unsure of emigration date at present as some of you may know due to my mothers health but want to be sorted before she will require care and a great deal of my time.At least the I will be ready for the off when able.

TBH so long as you have your passport, birth cert, drivers licence and the like you should fine. Your visa is electronic now and can be verified on VEVO (if the system is doing things right). Print off a full copy (with the official header) of your visa grant and also keep it in an email you can access online if need be. May be needed for Medicare sign up.

Set up a Gmail account for all email if you've not already. Make sure everyone is using that over any current tied to the UK one (ie with your TV/phone package you get a BT one).

I can't think we really needed anything else. I brought our birth certs and marriage cert with me when we flew more for safety (ie lost in shipping) rather than any actual need once we had arrived (and still haven't needed them yet and we are 2.5 years in).

I had a list of all the info I'd need to access back in the UK, ie UK bank account and a few other things and did this as and when.

Hi snifter, thanks! Will I not be able to access my aol mail from oz this is not ties to any package in the UK I appear to get this for free and this is the email I use for everything? Don't know much about this electronic stuff haha but have been using this for the past 14 years!

Archived