189 onsore vs offshore

pildav

Searched forum and didn't find any similar topics. I have got 457 in process and I also got an invite for 189 too. I was also told that I should wait applying for 189 until after 457 is finalized (this was by lawyers handling 457) and another piece of advice was to apply for 189 onshore (this advice came from relocation agent) after I arrived to OZ on 457 as apparently onshore 189 filings are processed faster. Is there any truth in onshore vs offshore 189 processing ?

Searched forum and didn't find any similar topics. I have got 457 in process and I also got an invite for 189 too. I was also told that I should wait applying for 189 until after 457 is finalized (this was by lawyers handling 457) and another piece of advice was to apply for 189 onshore (this advice came from relocation agent) after I arrived to OZ on 457 as apparently onshore 189 filings are processed faster. Is there any truth in onshore vs offshore 189 processing ?
Yes it true that onshore applicant have been seen to receive grant faster than offshore.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it true that onshore applicant have been seen to receive grant faster than offshore.

I wouldn't concur with that notion, especially as they go into the same system and there's nothing distinguishing an offshore from an onshore applicant.

I have seen recent offshore grants take place in a matter of weeks and similar onshore applications take several months, and vice versa.

It doesn't matter if a person already has a visa and is working in Australia. The same level of detail, when checking an applicant/application, is gone into.

Archived