Couriering work tools.

Ike

Hey all.

Now that my residency visa is going through I am teeing up with my Dad to send some of my Handtools over from the UK. Rather than send over my whole toolbox, I'm just going to get him to pick out my a few things such as my sockets, spanners and gauges, clean them and box them up to send.

I am looking at arranging a courier from my end, but I was wondering about customs declarations and import duty etc. I have done some digging and from what I've picked up as they are my tools already it should be pretty straight forward.

has anyone had any experience with this?

Thankyou.

Hey all.

Now that my residency visa is going through I am teeing up with my Dad to send some of my Handtools over from the UK. Rather than send over my whole toolbox, I'm just going to get him to pick out my a few things such as my sockets, spanners and gauges, clean them and box them up to send.

I am looking at arranging a courier from my end, but I was wondering about customs declarations and import duty etc. I have done some digging and from what I've picked up as they are my tools already it should be pretty straight forward.

has anyone had any experience with this?

Thankyou.

I did this in 2012, tool case full of test meters etc. surprisingly best deal was Royal Mail, tool case weighed around 20-25 kg, found a cardboard box the case fitted in and taped it up, printed address label and customs dec and taped to the box. Took it to the post office and waved it goodbye. I paid for I think 5 or 7 days delivery and it arrived on time at my new office ( had to be signed for )

cost was around 140 GBP plus about another 30 for insurance. You can track on line until it is signed for in Aus. There was nothing to pay when it arrived here as it was all stuff I already owned

Archived