Certificate of Clearance and Health check

forbes

hi, i will be applying for spousal visa soon. should i apply for certificate of clearance from my origin country's police department before launching the application or only after i sent in my application. I was advised by my country's police department that i need the request from Aussie's immigration department before i am allowed to apply for the certificate of clearance. and is it the same that applies to my health check or do i do my health check before visa application? please advise, many thanks bros and sis!

Are you on shore or off shore?

If off shore then wait as off shore is running at 10-14 months processing time in the UK and more for higher risk countries iirc. Your CO will request them.

On shore again I'd wait. Its 12-15 months processing time and they don't usually do much for a large chunk of that. So could send it all in later.

FWIW police checks and medicals are valid for a year so no point getting them too soon. If you are from a high risk country you should look to being organised to apply and to ensure you can get it back in good time later on though.

Archived