Recommendations for shipping-an oldie but goodie

Emma Newby

Hi,

i know this has been asked a few times but struggling with up to date answers.

who did people use to ship their dogs?

why did you choose them?

what's the difference, really, between gold and silver service?

I love the idea of pet air because of Bob but think it's too far for UK collection

Golden Arrow are more local and have great reviews.... Which I love

answers on a postcard....

Golden Arrow do an amazing job but are situated a little further from the airport. PetAir UK can collect from anywhere in the UK, so your location is not an issue for us. The silver is more of a basic service where we will still be on hand to help with things but you would be taking care of paperwork, permits and vet fees etc whereas the Gold we do the paperwork side of things for you.

You can also give us a call to discuss in further if you are unsure on the differences between the two options. Then, if needs be we can create a package to suit you and your furry!

Thanks Bob. You've helped me a lot already. I was thinking golden arrow because they're only 2.5 hours drive from here and my husband wanted to drop them off. I thought they would fly from manchester which isn't too far from where they're based and they offer 3 days free boarding before the flight. I know it's hard for you to be unbiased but I think that's what swinging it. Where are pet air based?

Hey Emma

The point of forums is to give unbiased advice as you will see from most of my posts :)

Pet shipping is tough because there are lots of options and the thing is you need to get all the advice you can/want so you can make the best choice.

Petair has bases in Glasgow, a sub office in Manchester and Heathrow. We dont really fly pets from Manchester to Australia as we think the routes from Heathrow are better - we use Qantas which is basically a direct flight with a short stop in Dubai or Singapore Airlines where there is a stop in Singapore and we have a really good agent who takes the pets out, check them feeds them and then pops them back in their crates. We just prefer these routes.

I have to say that heaps of pets go on the Manchester route just fine, but we just think the Heathrow routes are better. so you need to chat to pet shippers weigh up the options and then make the best decision based on all the facts not just the facts from one pet shipper.

I hope that is unbiased enough for you:)

Hey Emma

No you did not offend me at all dont you worry.

With the silver price, we will still advise and help and w send guidance notes to your vets and be on hand to help, but really just going for the silver service is not the way forwards - you may as well get us to apply for the permit - we include the RNATT declaration in the £319 cost so you dont have to pay your vets that and then please get us to complete the export papers - we charge £75 which is about the same as your vet will do and it gets done without the worry of your vets doing it wrong.

You are super welcome to call us and we can make a package to suit you and include what you want and take out what you dont so that you get the best value.

Archived