Help please. Wrong passport number in my visa grant notice

kate1

Hi everybody, we have a permanent independent visa (189) which we received in dec 2013. (first entry feb 2014) there was no problem with the visa

we're going to move in 55 days and the VEVO says, that there is no visa for my passport number.

Unfortunately I have a passport number with an "O" or "0". It turned out that German passports (I'm German) never contain the letter "O", but in my visa grant notice it is an "O". I've also tried "zero", but did not work either. That must have been misinterpreted during the application procedure.

problem is, I can't reach my immigration officer because the old email doesn't work anymore. hotline is busy. (I'll continue tomorrow.)

Have you ever heard about a problem like that? Is it possible to change the passport number for an existing visa? What would you do?

best regards kate1

We can't do the whole visa thing again ... within 55 days.

Hi,

My daughter had the wrong passport number on her visa but we never noticed until we checked in at the airport when departing to Brisbane, the attendant noticed and phoned immigration immediately and they corrected the mistake straight away and allowed us to fly..this was also reflected on the visa afterwards. I also emailed Immi on my return and they confirmed the changes.

Note sure if this helps, but i hope it should be easily resolved

Same thing happened to my mum, visting us in AU on tourist visa. They noticed it at the airport, called immi and they fixed it.

I'd say, don't worry, but for your good night sleep till then, try reaching the immi. They'll fix it.

Cheers

If you have made first entry there is no issues with the visa, if there had been a problem with the visa when you went to validate the airline wouldn't have been able to print your boarding pass. my oh had issues getting his boarding pass printed due to having 2 valid passports from the same country, visa label in one and visited Australia on tourist visa before on the other one the system couldn't cope and took 2 hrs to sort out before the boarding pass could be printed.

Were you the primary applicant on the application or secondary? I was the secondary applicant and vevo also can't find my visa but finds the primary applicants and I made first entry to validate without any issues.

As I have said the fact that you have already entered Australia on the visa shows there is no issues with it and likely a typo on the grant letter or a font difference.

Hi,

My daughter had the wrong passport number on her visa but we never noticed until we checked in at the airport when departing to Brisbane, the attendant noticed and phoned immigration immediately and they corrected the mistake straight away and allowed us to fly..this was also reflected on the visa afterwards. I also emailed Immi on my return and they confirmed the changes.

Note sure if this helps, but i hope it should be easily resolved

Thank you for your answer. Can better sleep now. Do you have the new email address of the Brisbane 34 Team. My old one doesn't work. Bouncing back with an error message. I would be very happy if you could give me a PM with a hint for the new one. All the best kate1

hi spela and lebourvellec, I'm trying my best, thank you for your comforting information.

I'm the secondary applicant and with my husbands visa everything is fine. So I hope we can fix it. Last time I had little issues, but after 20 minutes it worked. Unfortunately the german flight officer didn't inform me about the problem. They said it was something with my name (I have 4).

thanks again.

hi spela and lebourvellec, I'm trying my best, thank you for your comforting information.

I'm the secondary applicant and with my husbands visa everything is fine. So I hope we can fix it. Last time I had little issues, but after 20 minutes it worked. Unfortunately the german flight officer didn't inform me about the problem. They said it was something with my name (I have 4).

thanks again.

You shouldn't be contacting the visa processing team that is not their job, there job is to process new applications not deal with issues from 2 year old visas.

If you feel there is a problem with the passport number fill in form 929, but you have already entered Australia on the visa therefore there is no problem with it.

You would have know if there was a problem with the visa when you went through the immigration desk in Australia, not just checking in, we had issues at check in AND entering Australia and had to go to another immigration desk to get it sorted.

There is nothing to fix you have a visa which is validated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived