Cairns Zoo and Night Zoo

Yes it's definitely closing end of March we heard also. Such a shame as only being across the road I've been several times and the keepers are great with the animals they were saying that some of the animals will be sent to Kuranda. We went there few months back they would really need to up their game as it was not very nice at all. Very sad ☹️

Debs72, we were staying at my daughters in Kewarra Beach last summer and spent many happy hours at the Zoo, so when we return to Kerarra Beach in August we will miss it. Is there a zoo in Kuranda? I never saw one there, or are they opening a new one. We are hoping to move to Palm Cove in 18 months time.

I think there are too many developers around the Kewarra, Clifton, Palm Cove, Smithfield Holloway areas, and there are so many buildings going up, many of which are beyond the reach of the young and newly weds, that the area will become a bit of a mess. Thank goodness Daintree and Cape Tribulation are keeping their open status.