How long will initial APHRA registration last?

Charlottehill76

Just had a thought this week that APHRA has a yearly re-registration date for all nurses compared with different dates in UK with NMC.

so my question is...

If my registration is accepted say in January 2016, will I need to re apply again when they have the yearly registration (is this in May? Not sure) or will it last till the following year?

or as I won't be finalising registration in person till I get to Oz will it not actually start till then?

I may not be getting to Oz until next summer if all goes well anyway, that's our aim anyway.

hope you understand what I'm on about lol

I have to present to them by Dec 1st 2016 otherwise my application is withdrawn.

I originally posted my application in August, had to clarify and send some further documents which all went off end of September so I suppose from submission of all documents to acceptance was 2 months x

You are not registered as a nurse until you present yourself and finalise the application (this assumes you don't have all the requred ID at application). Therefore you should not have to renew your registration as you are not yet registered!

Do not forget to email your case officer to inform them that you need the year to present yourself in person, the letter states that your applciation will be withdrawn after 90 days by default, it tells you a year is acceptable, but you have to let them know you want this option.

You are not registered as a nurse until you present yourself and finalise the application (this assumes you don't have all the requred ID at application). Therefore you should not have to renew your registration as you are not yet registered!

Do not forget to email your case officer to inform them that you need the year to present yourself in person, the letter states that your applciation will be withdrawn after 90 days by default, it tells you a year is acceptable, but you have to let them know you want this option.

Thanks very much for the info.

I have been emailed about further information/documents, do you think this would be the same person dealing with it or will it be passed onto a case officer?

Shall I tell them now or wait to hear from someone again? I only just sent the additional info and that was received on 2nd dec.

I have been emailed about further information/documents, do you think this would be the same person dealing with it or will it be passed onto a case officer?

Shall I tell them now or wait to hear from someone again? I only just sent the additional info and that was received on 2nd dec.

You do not need to tell them until the end, you receive a letter explaining what to do etc. and this states you have 90 days to validate the application by providing the requeired ID. It then says if you need a year please let your case officer know. So telling them now will probably confuse them/complicated things!

Many experience was that I dealt with the same case officer who was very helpful x

Archived