Shall I start Packing?!

Shiny76

Dear All

Have applied for 190 visa, officer contacted me and asked for spouse English language ability, I sent the document but was rejected and she asked wether I want to pay the VAC2, I responded with Yes.

The problem is that they usually respond mails within 3 weeks eek.gif so in order not to lose time as am I planning to land in Adelaide latest of Jan:

Is the officer's above response means that I am so close for being granted?? shall I start packing and go on the necessary procedures(selling my car as an example) as if I am granted the visa??

What should I do next?

Pls help smile.gif

If it was me I'd wait until I have the visa in my hand. If it gets refused then you'll have nothing left, if you sell up.

The advice from the department has always been not to make any non-reversible travel plans until the outcome of your application has been decided. I would think it prudent to extend that to any other plans which would leave you out of pocket.

At the end of the day, it's your decision and you'll have to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of any preparations that you make. But, I'd advise to bear in mind that the normal processing standard times are exceeded in around 1 in 4 applications. It could take several months before you get a decision, or it could be tomorrow.

If it was me I'd wait until I have the visa in my hand. If it gets refused then you'll have nothing left, if you sell up.

The advice from the department has always been not to make any non-reversible travel plans until the outcome of your application has been decided. I would think it prudent to extend that to any other plans which would leave you out of pocket.

At the end of the day, it's your decision and you'll have to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of any preparations that you make. But, I'd advise to bear in mind that the normal processing standard times are exceeded in around 1 in 4 applications. It could take several months before you get a decision, or it could be tomorrow.

Many thanks Captain :) BTW, do you kmow links that help me to organize myself before leaving to OZ, i.e what to take with me, how to transfer my money...etc.

Archived