Uk Real Estate Degree a good qualification for emmigration?

mp14581

Hi All,

Basically I have an opportunity from an employer to study for a Real Estate degree whilst working in an apprenticeship for them, which would take 4.5 years. Problem is my dream is to live in Australia, and I am unsure whether this qualification would give me any future prospects to move there.

Even though it's employer sponsored, once I have the degree I will be ineligible for UK student loan to study something more skilled.

This means it could be a sense of: my dream vs employment in UK.

If Real Estate degree offers no chance of immigration, I'd rather study something like nursing (I'm a guy btw) which should 100% give me that chance in the future (if not in Aus then at least in NZ).

Please help!

Thanks.

Hi All,

Basically I have an opportunity from an employer to study for a Real Estate degree whilst working in an apprenticeship for them, which would take 4.5 years. Problem is my dream is to live in Australia, and I am unsure whether this qualification would give me any future prospects to move there.

Even though it's employer sponsored, once I have the degree I will be ineligible for UK student loan to study something more skilled.

If Real Estate degree offers no chance of immigration, I'd rather study something like nursing (I'm a guy btw) which should 100% give me that chance in the future (if not in Aus then at least in NZ).

Please help!

Thanks.

A real estate agent is only featured on the CSOL, which means that you would either need to be sponsored by an employer or a state. At present the only state that sponsors for this occupation is South Australia.

It is impossible to predict if the occupation will reappear on the skilled occupation list, but as there is only one state sponsoring at the moment, I can't see that happening in the near future.

4.5 years is a long time in the grand scheme of things and a lot can change in that time. Although, I would say that the probability of Nursing professions remaining on the list for several more years to come, is quite high.

Hi All,

Please help!

Thanks.

There are several real estate related occupations currently listed for migration to Australia.

The probability of successfully applying is about zero - you would need an employer to sponsor you (most unlikely) and since real estate employees are paid largely on commission, it is unlikely that prospective employer would be able to satisfy the 'income threshold' to nominate you.

Nurses are still in demand. In the several years it would take to qualify, this could change; similarly for other 'in demand' occupations.

Have you considered taking professional advice to map out possible strategies?

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question, but I just find it amazing that there is a real estate degree! I wish that we did here.

Here in Canada all it takes to become a realtor is a pulse and the cash to pay for the joke of a test required to become one.

In the greater Toronto area (think London or Sydney and its suburbs) we have something like 42,000 of them!

Archived