Looking to move to Oz in 2016

MrsC87

My Husband is a Plumbing and Heating Engineer who is desperate to do this but I feel slightly guilty as my oldest daughter is 5 and has just started P1 here back in the UK and I worry she would face difficulties settling in. Has anyone found this? My Husband keeps telling me she will be fine and would thrive as it is a different lifestyle over there.

My other little girl is 22 months aswell. I am not overly concerned about her settling in but because Olivia has started school and has her wee friends and her own wee routine I am worried she will suffer. Where about in Oz do you's want to go. My sister in law just made the move in May this year with her husband and 3 year old. They are in Brisbane. xxx

At your kids ages,them settling into a new school would be the least of my worries.I am sure they would be fine.Kids that age adjust very easily and quickly.Your main concern right now,for all newbies is finding and securing work,a home etc.Have you looked at possible work available in the area you wish to move to?Is your husbands job on the skills list?

Yes, he is a Plumbing and Heating Engineer and a Plumber is on the list. His sister is also in Brisbane which is where I think we would hopefully settle and he has started having a look at different opportunities that could be available there.

My other little girl is 22 months aswell. I am not overly concerned about her settling in but because Olivia has started school and has her wee friends and her own wee routine I am worried she will suffer. Where about in Oz do you's want to go. My sister in law just made the move in May this year with her husband and 3 year old. They are in Brisbane. xxx

We will be headed to Perth. I've got an offer of a job. So hopefully it's just the formalities now ie. Registration and visas. Eeek!

Archived