IT Industry - Skill assesment & Visa Documents limit

glaskon

Hello:)

We started thinking about Australia long time ago. Now it is the time to make proper steps.

I have some doubts about few things connected with visa 189/190.

1. Skill Assesment by ACS - if they tell me that they recognise my work experience for 8yrs - could I use it for my Visa points calculation ? Would it be checked again after visa lodgement? I read a lot about it and I'm confused.

2. Attachment to visa should I put here all of my work experience evidence again? If yes could I use one pdf file for all? I was partly self employed so you can imagine that i could have more that 100 evidences (like contracts, invoices, bank statements).

Thank you for your advise,

Regards,

Lukasz

We started thinking about Australia long time ago. Now it is the time to make proper steps.

1. Skill Assesment by ACS - if they tell me that they recognise my work experience for 8yrs - could I use it for my Visa points calculation ? Would it be checked again after visa lodgement? I read a lot about it and I'm confused.

2. Attachment to visa should I put here all of my work experience evidence again? If yes could I use one pdf file for all? I was partly self employed so you can imagine that i could have more that 100 evidences (like contracts, invoices, bank statements).

Regards,

Lukasz

hi,

Yes, you can claim maximum overseas work experience points if the eight years were in the last ten years, at the time of invitation to apply.

You need to be able to verify all claimed employment at the visa stage, not just at the skill assessment stage.

Joy

Regards,

Lukasz

Where people get confused is the same work experience cannot be claimed for a skills assessment and then used for the visa points.

So for example if someone has a degree and 3 years experience the first two years are taken to be needed for the skills assesment i.e. you have 1 year post qualifying experience as the first two post degree are considered training.

The requirements are stated very clearly here https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria-2014.pdf

My husband had a HND and 7 years experience - he passed a skills assessment which 'used' 5 years of his experience and then could claim 2 years post qualifying experience for the visa application.

With 8 years experience you should have no problem gaining sufficient points for a 189 visa (depending on your age/english skills etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived