Secondary Teaching in NSW

ClaireChris

I have recently collated and had certified all of my documents to enable me to register to teach in QLD. We have recently had a change of plan and it looks like I need to now register in NSW. I have been looking at BOSTES and wondered if anyone has any tips\advice to complete the process. Would I be provisionally or conditionally accredited. Would I have to completed study in the country?

I have been teaching in the UK since 1996 and been Head of Department since 1998. I completed a 3year BA Hons Music Degree, PGCE secondary Music and also completed a Master Degree in Education in 2013. The visa we have is 175 skilled independent and this was secured through me being a teacher.

Any feedback warmly welcomed :)

Guest Guest226914
I have recently collated and had certified all of my documents to enable me to register to teach in QLD. We have recently had a change of plan and it looks like I need to now register in NSW. I have been looking at BOSTES and wondered if anyone has any tips\advice to complete the process. Would I be provisionally or conditionally accredited. Would I have to completed study in the country?

I have been teaching in the UK since 1996 and been Head of Department since 1998. I completed a 3year BA Hons Music Degree, PGCE secondary Music and also completed a Master Degree in Education in 2013. The visa we have is 175 skilled independent and this was secured through me being a teacher.

You would be provisionally accredited until you complete your professional competence accreditation.

You don't have to have studied in the country but they are very strict on matching your degree subject with your teaching subject. Since your degree is music and you teach music there shouldn't be any problems. In UK it is common to have people with English degrees teaching Psychology for example. In NSW you would not obtain approval for this as your degree must match your teaching subject or at least have a major part in it.

Archived