Insurance for Grey Imports

TessD

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a while so apologies if I am repeating info already out there.

Previously, you could only insure your import with Just Car Insurance, as we did. However, whilst on a phone call with Youi yesterday I was very pleased to hear that they will now insure cars from the UK as long as they were built after 1980. I saved myself over $300 on our Peugeot 307 Estate! Don't know if any other insurers are now able to provide cover but it wasn't the case in August when I received my renewal notice and phoned around to check.

If anyone is interested, I have the contact email address for the guy who I dealt with at Youi (a Pom) and he is more than happy to assist with a quote.

:rolleyes:

Hi Iron Chef,

Yes, I agree. Having worked in the industry for a number of years I think poor repairs and premiums can be an issue but thought it was worth putting it out there so that folks know they have a choice.

Saying all that though, I've just changed from my bank to Youi for contents/home insurance and happily paid more for it as my bank were rubbish when I put through a claim earlier this year. ~

Archived