Business ideas?

Guest nastasia

Guest nastasia

I have an insurance brokerage business with a portfolio of individual and corporate clients. Now my brother wants to open a complementary business so that he makes use of the client database already established. Any ideas of what business he can do?

I have an insurance brokerage business with a portfolio of individual and corporate clients. Now my brother wants to open a complementary business so that he makes use of the client database already established. Any ideas of what business he can do?
No idea, but do you have your clients permission to pass their details onto a third party?

The first thing I would be looking at is whether it is legal for you to share the data with him - have all your clients given permission for their data to be used in this way?

I trust you are familiar with the Privacy Act?

Otherwise I would have thought you'd know your clients better than we do and the kind of services they need! Accountancy? Corporate Travel? Corporate Events? Branding and Marketing? Legal Services? Catering?

I would be very careful about this. Any introductions you make will reflect on your business too. If your brother is looking for what he can do then he must be essentially unskilled? I mean, if he had a professional qualification then he wouldn't be asking what business he could do, would he? If you make the introduction, then he provides a poor service or bad advice, your reputation will also suffer.

Totally different if he has an established skill and you think it can benefit your clients, but the fact you're asking how he can leverage your client base suggests this isn't the case.

Archived