ACS met date of November 2003 causing confusion ... tricky issue

okhalid

Hi All,

I have very tricky issue regarding ACS considering experience over 10 years by providing met date = November 2003, I got the following ACS evaluation on sept 2015 :

The following employment after November 2003 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst)

of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 11/99 - 09/00 (0yrs 10mths) Position: Software Engineer Employer: A1

Dates: 09/00 - 07/07 (6yrs 10mths) Position: System Analyst Employer: B2

Dates: 07/08 - 01/10 (1yrs 6mths) Position: Sr. System Analyst Employer: C3

Dates: 03/10 - 06/15 (5yrs 3mths) Position: Sr. System Analyst Employer: D4

Question: I may not have sufficient proof of employment for employer C3 , so I plan to mark it as not relevant for EOI in order not to claim points for it, and to avoid the over claim rejection. So in this case can I claim experience older than 10 years in EOI, which is made relevant by ACS by providing an older met date i.e. Nov 2003, ( basically, I want to claim points in EOI for at least 8 years experience without employer C3 )

Thanks in advance,

okhalid

Short answer is that you can't go back any further than 10 years.

Thanks for the clear reply..it helps.. I will apply for EOI accordingly. But just wondering what is benefit of ACS providing a met date prior to ones last 10 years experience e.g. Nov 2003, if one can not use it for his or her benefit in the EOI :(

If you have to ignore C3, you can claim points for the visa application for:

B2, from 11/03 to 07/07 (3 years + 8 months)

D4, from 03/10 to 06/15 (5 years + 3 months)

You can claim points for total of 8 years + 11 months.

You get the the full 15 points for that work experience, "in skilled employment between 8 to 10 years"

Ahhhhhhh.... ok. Ignore my post. Work experience in the last 10 years, means you can only claim from November 2005 onwards. Which is what you were saying.

Is there no way you can get proof of employment for C3? Reference from a colleague? Payslips? Bank statements?

Ahhhhhhh.... ok. Ignore my post. Work experience in the last 10 years, means you can only claim from November 2005 onwards. Which is what you were saying.

Is there no way you can get proof of employment for C3? Reference from a colleague? Payslips? Bank statements?

Well the issue for employment "C3" I only have the following :

1. offer letter

2. experience/reference letter

3. Bank salary transfer statement of just one month during the year 2008

4. Salary transfer receipt via western union of one month during the year 2009

Actually C3 was a small company that deputed consultants on client site projects and countries where it did not have offices setup, so they could not manage to get consultants long term bank accounts and mostly paid salary via cash or western union. Anyway, I have been told that list of documents mentioned above may not be enough proof for a 1yrs 6mths C3 employment, so unfortunately I'm planning to mark this employment as not relevant in EOI to avoid over claiming points ( although ACS has reviewed it as relevant)

thanks,

okhalid

(1yrs 6mths)

1. offer letter

Actually C3 was a small company that deputed consultants on client site projects and countries where it did not have offices setup, so they could not manage to get consultants long term bank accounts and mostly paid salary via cash or western union. Anyway, I have been told that list of documents mentioned above may not be enough proof for a 1yrs 6mths C3 employment, so unfortunately I'm planning to mark this employment as not relevant in EOI to avoid over claiming points ( although ACS has reviewed it as relevant)

thanks,

okhalid

(1yrs 6mths)

If you are in any doubt, then don't claim it. Better to find other ways to boost points than lose a huge amount of money in visa application charges if they don't accept it.

1. offer letter

thanks,

okhalid

Well, if ACS say it's relevant, then it is. Whatever details you submitted to ACS, submit the same to DIBP too.

I'm pretty sure that there won't be a problem.

For one of my employments, I had a termination letter (I was fired) and a statutory declaration from a colleague (at same level as me, not a manager) to say what my duties were, and that was accepted by ACS (although it was too far in the past for DIBP to take any notice of).

How many points do you have without C3? 60? Or more?

Also, are you still working at D4?

Well, if ACS say it's relevant, then it is........

No. DIBP make the decision, ACS only provide an opinion, and their opinions have often been proved incorrect to the detriment of an applicant.

In this case, relevance of employment is not the issue, it's satisfactory proof of employment that may be a problem.

If the OP cannot prove their employment to the satisfaction of DIBP then he/she risks losing the claimed points and faces a visa refusal.

It is better to mark a job as 'not relevant' in the first instance, and not claim the points, than to try to claim and lose them after the fact.

This has been a very expensive mistake for too many people.

Well, if ACS say it's relevant, then it is. Whatever details you submitted to ACS, submit the same to DIBP too.

I'm pretty sure that there won't be a problem.

For one of my employments, I had a termination letter (I was fired) and a statutory declaration from a colleague (at same level as me, not a manager) to say what my duties were, and that was accepted by ACS (although it was too far in the past for DIBP to take any notice of).

How many points do you have without C3? 60? Or more?

Also, are you still working at D4?

ic.. thanks I will check this out.. well without c3 I have 60 points and yes I am still with D4 company.

ic.. thanks I will check this out.. well without c3 I have 60 points and yes I am still with D4 company.

Hi,

The point score to get an invitations to apply for most IT related occupations (under 189 visa) is 65 or 70.

Would you consider a 190 PR state nomination to bypass the 189?

Joy

Hi,

The point score to get an invitations to apply for most IT related occupations (under 189 visa) is 65 or 70.

Would you consider a 190 PR state nomination to bypass the 189?

Joy

Yeah I agree, and that's why I am planning to select both 189 and 190(All states) in the(one) EOI. Hope I can get a 190 invite if not 189.

okhalid

Archived