489 Visa Information

ODonovan

Hello to everyone,

My name is Kevin and I would like some help on the 489 Visa.

(1) I did a points test and acquired 60 pints: Qualifications 15, Experience, 15, Sponsor 10, Language 20 = 60 points

With this assessment I assumed that I will get 20 points as I am a British citizen. Is this correct

(2) How do I start the process. Is the first thing to do apply for an IEO (Issue of Intent)

(3) I have a HND and Degree in Building Studies and will select my job title as a project manager (this is on the SOL list)

(4) How does my experience/qualifications get tested with Vetassess

(5) I will be 50 in July and I want to get the ball rolling

Best regards any help will be appreciated

Kevin

Hello to everyone,

(1) I did a points test and acquired 60 pints: Qualifications 15, Experience, 15, Sponsor 10, Language 20 = 60 points

With this assessment I assumed that I will get 20 points as I am a British citizen. Is this correct

(2) How do I start the process. Is the first thing to do apply for an IEO (Issue of Intent)

(3) I have a HND and Degree in Building Studies and will select my job title as a project manager (this is on the SOL list)

Kevin

First issue I can see, is that you don't automatically get 20 points for language by being a British Passport holder.

You are exempt from taking the test because you have a British Passport, but you cannot claim points for it. If you need the extra points, then you will have to sit the IELTS, or PTE.

You will have to go to the Vetassess website first and go through the questions to find out exactly how you apply for the skills assessment. It's not easy to navigate at first but once you get through you'll see that it's fairly self explanatory.

You can only complete an EOI on skillselect once you have a positive skills assessment, then once you have done that you may have to wait some time for a nomination and then an invitation. As you turn 50 in 8 months, time is most definitely not on your side, so you will need to act quickly to secure a visa application in time.

If I were you I'd employ a registered migration agent to do the leg work for you in this. As time is so tight, you will need someone on your side who can help you get through quickly.

You can find a registered agent at http://www.mara.gov.au

Hello to everyone,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

If you are nominating 133112 PROJECT BUILDER, your degree will need to be the equivalent of an Australian degree, and be in a highly relevant field of study to meet Vetassess Group A requirements. Vetassess can take 12 or more weeks to process a skill assessment.

You'd need eight years (of the past 10) paid work experience in the occupation, post-degree.

As stated above, you need to score 8.0s in all parts of IELTS or an equivalent approved English test.

If your sponsor is a relative, you need to confirm that they are living in a designated postcode.

Your occupation also appears on several 489 state nomination lists. This would also give you 10 points.

Joy

Thanks to everyone for a quick reply.

If I am correct I need to do the following:

What I have to do is get my qualifications assessed

Do an IELTS test getting maximum points.

Then submit an IOE

What is better a relative or state sponsor? is there any difference between these two options

Best regards,

Kevin.

Archived