Questions RE skill assessment for 189

Brummy

I have several questions on behalf of a friend:

Degree = B.COM + MBA International Business

Advance Diploma from NIIT 1.5 years.

Overall Experience related to ICT Business Analyst - 6.9 years (last 3 years in Australia, 1.1 year in Philippines and 2.8 years in Thailand)

If I apply for ACS, will ACS consider my NIIT Computer Diploma? If not, will I require the RPL route? If so, will the above 6.9 years experience be sufficient to get a positive assessment from ACS, after the number of years they deduct?

If ACS do not recognise my Advanced diploma in computers, then during the assessment do they consider my education qualifications (B.COM + MBA) when assessing my ICT experience? Or do they just assess my ICT related experience and if they just assess ICT related experience and not my educational qualifications (BCOM and MBA) then in such a case do I need to get my qualifications assessed by another body like VETASSESS and unless I do this I will not be able to claim 15 points for education?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I have several questions on behalf of a friend:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I think your questions are a bit too technical for members of a forum. I would recommend your friend sees a migration agent that can go through everything in the detail it requires.

Archived