Identification documents required for 189 Visa post-application

martyfenwick

I lodged my skilled migration visa application for myself, wife and my daughter on Sunday night. It is for a 189 skilled independent visa.

Once the application was lodged and money was processed I noticed a section at the bottom of the page for Identifcation Documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, English test and others. There were more for me than there was for my wife and daughter who are both dependant applicants.

Importantly all documents were marked as "Recommended" and not required or similar.

Does anyone know if I need to provide all or some of these documents? Also if they will be required will someone from Australian Immigration contact me to provide them?

many thanks.

I have the same thing, I suspect it's just a generic list of what many applicants would need. I've got recommended for dependant documents even though I don't have any. Look at the documenting checklist on the web to see what's actually required.

I'm also trying to envision what other documents they might want and am supplying them upfront too. For example, my partner is not a permanent resident of Canada and is currently here on a temporary visa. I noticed in the list of possible documents you can upload there's something called Evidence of Valid Temporary Residence in current country (or something similar). My gut feeling was that they'll want that for her, so I went ahead and uploaded a copy of her Canadian work visa. And I've uploaded Form 80 for the pair of us and I'm 100% sure they will request it.

Scan them and upload them. 5 minutes. Job done. Less chance of the application being delayed for whatever reason.

Hi, I notice you're originally from Kilmarnock. I'm from a nearby village :-)

I don't think it's as simple as scan and upload as it states the documents have to be certified (I.e by a migration agent or similar).

Did you have to provided certified documents too?

Hi, I notice you're originally from Kilmarnock. I'm from a nearby village :-)

I don't think it's as simple as scan and upload as it states the documents have to be certified (I.e by a migration agent or similar).

Did you have to provided certified documents too?

i think as long as your uploading the originals colour documents you don't require them certified..

I have the same thing, I suspect it's just a generic list of what many applicants would need. I've got recommended for dependant documents even though I don't have any. Look at the documenting checklist on the web to see what's actually required.

I'm also trying to envision what other documents they might want and am supplying them upfront too. For example, my partner is not a permanent resident of Canada and is currently here on a temporary visa. I noticed in the list of possible documents you can upload there's something called Evidence of Valid Temporary Residence in current country (or something similar). My gut feeling was that they'll want that for her, so I went ahead and uploaded a copy of her Canadian work visa. And I've uploaded Form 80 for the pair of us and I'm 100% sure they will request it.

Thanks for replying. Did you get the "IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received" document in an email when you submitted your application?

In that document it says the following:

Providing documents

The department may make a decision on your application without requesting additional

information. You should provide us with all the information you feel is relevant.

If you lodged your application online, you should log in to your account to see the documents

required for your application.

Do not send us original documents unless we ask you for them. If you send copies of your

documents, ensure that they are certified copies.

If you provide us with fraudulent documents or claims, this may result in processing delays

and possibly your application being refused.

The first part worries me as I have paid out over £3,000 on the visas and I would hope that unless there is a really good reason they wouldn't reject my application without asking for some additional information.So, have you uploaded uncertified documentswithout having them notarised/certified by anyoneand have they accepted or acknowledged them?

i think as long as your uploading the originals colour documents you don't require them certified..

Are you sure? Regardless if they're colour or not surely they are copies if they are copies of the originals?

See my other post to see what the letter says now. Also, did you have to upload documents?

Hi,

It is original scan of the document in colour that's accepted. I applied for my 189 in September and CO has only asked for medicals etc. so all of my scanned documents are ok x

Thanks for your comment. Did you do all your application yourself or did you enlist the services of a migration agent? My wife and I have done everything ourselves.

Did IMMI ask you for any other documents and did you get in touch with them for anything?

Thanks for your comment. Did you do all your application yourself or did you enlist the services of a migration agent? My wife and I have done everything ourselves.

Did IMMI ask you for any other documents and did you get in touch with them for anything?

We have done it ourselves (2 adults, 2 children). I uploaded everything that was relevant on the checklist apart from PCC and medicals which the CO has now requested as well as form 80 for myself and my husband.

We have done it ourselves (2 adults, 2 children). I uploaded everything that was relevant on the checklist apart from PCC and medicals which the CO has now requested as well as form 80 for myself and my husband.

Great, thanks. Were you aware that you would be allocated a Case Officer before you submitted the application? So did it take around one month from the time of lodging the application to being given a CO?

Great, thanks. Were you aware that you would be allocated a Case Officer before you submitted the application? So did it take around one month from the time of lodging the application to being given a CO?

Yes I was aware that I would get a CO at some point. People who front load all of their documents including medicals, PCC and form 80 may just get a direct grant and not hear from a CO at all. I waited until CO contacted us because you have 12 months to validate the visa from the date of the PCC or medical, whichever is the earliest. We want to give ourselves the flexibility of a full 12 months.

Yes I was aware that I would get a CO at some point. People who front load all of their documents including medicals, PCC and form 80 may just get a direct grant and not hear from a CO at all. I waited until CO contacted us because you have 12 months to validate the visa from the date of the PCC or medical, whichever is the earliest. We want to give ourselves the flexibility of a full 12 months.

thanks, I've uploaded as many documents as I can just now. I don't have medical and police checks yet, but when I have them I'll be sure to upload them promptly.

What is the "form 80"?

Archived