EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

Hi Captain,

Nominated Occupation: 221111

Description: General Accountant

IELTS: 20

Education: 15

Aus study requirements: 5

Total: 65

189 EOI Submitted: 21 Aug 2015

190 (NSW) EOI Submitted 19 Dec 2015 with 65+5 points

My current visa, 485 Graduate visa, runs out on the 31st of May 2016, I am really hoping to get an invitation by then..

Thank you very much in advance!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Matt

Unlikely for a 189 invitation with 65 points on a 2211 code at this time.

Can't predict for 190 visa.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Captain,

Please find below information and request you to provide your prediction.

Nominated Occupation: 261311

Description: Analyst Programmer

IELTS Score: 60

EOI Submitted: 11/13/2015

I look forward to hearing from you.

Already answered a few posts back

I think I have made a mistake here, I have had my skills checked by the teaching authority and submitted an EOI however only got 50 points. Do I need to complete an English test even though I am a native English speaker from the UK just to rack up points? There was also not an option to register my postgraduate certificate as an extra year of study so I had to select 'other' in qualifications which impacted on my points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My nominated occupation: 241411

Hi CaptainC,

Thank you for your time to take a look at my information below and request to provide your prediction.

Nominated Occupation: 263311

Description: Telecommunications Engineer

EOI Submitted: Jan 4, 2016

I think I have made a mistake here, I have had my skills checked by the teaching authority and submitted an EOI however only got 50 points. Do I need to complete an English test even though I am a native English speaker from the UK just to rack up points? There was also not an option to register my postgraduate certificate as an extra year of study so I had to select 'other' in qualifications which impacted on my points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My nominated occupation: 241411

You can only claim English language points with an approved test such as IELTS or PTE, despite being a native English speaker.

Be careful what points you claim, and ensure that everything can be backed up with current evidences and skills assessments if necessary.

The answers you give in the EOI directly affect your visa application and thorough knowledge of the EOI process is essential to ensure that you don't give any incorrect answers.

Once you've been invited, your EOI answers are locked, and if you subsequently find out that your answers are wrong, then you shouldn't complete your visa application. Instead you must wait 60 days for the invitation to expire, then resubmit the EOI.

Hi CaptainC,

Thank you for your time to take a look at my information below and request to provide your prediction.

Nominated Occupation: 263311

Description: Telecommunications Engineer

EOI Submitted: Jan 4, 2016

Based on current invitation rounds, expect the invite end of March/early April

You can only claim English language points with an approved test such as IELTS or PTE, despite being a native English speaker.

Be careful what points you claim, and ensure that everything can be backed up with current evidences and skills assessments if necessary.

The answers you give in the EOI directly affect your visa application and thorough knowledge of the EOI process is essential to ensure that you don't give any incorrect answers.

Once you've been invited, your EOI answers are locked, and if you subsequently find out that your answers are wrong, then you shouldn't complete your visa application. Instead you must wait 60 days for the invitation to expire, then resubmit the EOI.

Thank you for the prompt response. Just to clarify, an IELTS or PTE would be worth me completing despite being a native English speaker (and would be valid points; seems an unusual way for a native English speaker to gain points?) to get me up to the required points?

Thank you for the prompt response. Just to clarify, an IELTS or PTE would be worth me completing despite being a native English speaker (and would be valid points; seems an unusual way for a native English speaker to gain points?) to get me up to the required points?

Yes, every primary applicant and all secondary applicants over 16 years need to complete the English test unless they hold passports (and are citizens of) UK, ROI, NZ, USA. Those passport holders can use their citizenship to satisfy the English requirement instead of sitting the test, but cannot claim points.

Holders of the above passports can claim additional points for English language standard by sitting the test.

Based on current rounds, expect invitation late Feb/early March

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by fsharjeel viewpost-right.png

Hi Captain, my details are as follows,

Submission Date: 2nd December 11:58pm

Field: (233512) Mechanical Engineer

Many Thanks.

Based on current rounds, expect invitation late Feb/early March

hi Captain C got my invitation today thanks

We got our 189 invitation today! Earlier than expected! :chatterbox:

Had a 190 invite 4 weeks ago, filled in the form for that, paid $300 and we are yet to hear so a bit of waste really but thought it would be quicker going that route, seems not, feel more comfortable with a 189 anyway so all good.

Whoop, time to apply for a visa! :cool:

Good Luck everyone waiting!

Got my invite today for 189 visa as well.

Hope everyone is staying hopeful for the final outcome.

Has anybody encountered a login failed problem???

I tried just now applying for 189 visa through skillselect but

they asking for a 2nd immiaccount login and my usual username and password

dont work. Is anyone willing to help out???

Would be very appreciated.

min

Dear Captain C:

I have just received an invitation today. Kindly guide me how to proceed for the next steps.

I will be very thankful to you. EOI launched date is 12-12-2015 and invitation received date is 08-01-2016. My points are 60.

Fraz

Congratulations..What is your Nominated Occupation?

Archived