Secondary school in Melbourne - can you help?

SimonNixon

Hey

(...newbie!)

My family and I are planning a move to Victoria. One of my children is 11 and about to enter secondary education. Does anyone have any advice on good schools, particularly in the southern suburbs down the Mornington Peninsula. I did find some threads but they were from a few years ago and I'm sure things will have changed.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Don't need an essay. Just some names of good and bad experiences.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Frankston High has an excellent reputation and is one of the best state schools in Victoria. Many families move into the catchment area just to get in. My two girls go there. Admission is based on the zoned area, but it's not impossible if you're out of the zone. Can't comment on other schools on the Peninsula, sorry! Good luck with the move.

Hi Simon,

I second the Frankston High - we've just purchased in Frankston, and made sure that we bought a house in zone as my daughter starts grade 7 next year. The other school in Bayside area we looked at was Parkdale High, but that is closer to town and properties are proportionally more expensive.

Cheese n pickle - its great to hear from someone who has children at the school - from your post I assume you're happy with the school so far - can I ask what years your girls are in? (Apologies to the OP for butting in on the thread.)