Paying for visa? Next stage- STUCK!

Jambolina

Hi everyone,

My deadline to apply for my 189 visa is 6th Nov 2015. People on this forum said that once I hit the (apply for visa button) from my Skills Select, it would allow me to pay and take me to the next stage.

I've done this tonight, which has only taken me to a page to set up an Immi account. It is a 17 page application, with no where in sight to pay, although I now have an Immi account.

Q) Do you have to complete and upload all of your documents, before it allows you to pay?

Q) It wouldn't let me move past a certain page because it wanted me to upload health info, but I've not had my medical yet. I was informed you can leave this until your CO requests tells you to get it.

Thanks

Hayley

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I presume you have received an Invitation to Apply via SkillSelect? Assuming you have, then as you say the SkillSelect account will make an Apply Now button available. When you click this it will take you to IMMI where you can either login with your existing IMMI account details (which is what I did) or you can create a new IMMI account. Then when you get into IMMI account you should see the link to Apply for the 189/190 Skilled Visa.

If you had to create a IMMI account then having done this, it might be worth going back to SkillSelect and using the Apply Now link again to follow the formal route, but then that time login with your existing IMMI account which you just created. Once you get to the stage of being able to start the VISA application in IMMI then from memory it was 17 pages (which is what you said). It's not until the end of that process, right at the end.. that you get to pay the visa application fee. Once you have done all that then the status of the application in the IMMI account applications view will change to 'Application Received'. Once this happens then you can click the link on the application to take you into the area for that application where you then upload documents and also if needs be can request your HAP ID and Medical Referral letter etc...

I'm not too sure what page you say you are at about Medicals etc... as I don't recall anything along those lines until the application was submitted and I was in the upload area and also able to request medical HAP ID and referral etc.

It's a few weeks since I went through all this and it was at midnight on the day of invitation, so my memory is a little hazy, but it was along the gist of above.

Good luck.

Hey, Thanks for the clarity. I understand now that you have to complete the 17 page document, then at the very end it will allow me to pay. It just asked a yes/no question about whether I have had a medical in the 12mths prior to applying for the visa, so I said no because I haven't yet had one.. It then wouldn't let me move forward from that question?! I'll log in now & try again....but I can't say I have had a medical when I haven't, as that is a lie.

Q) Does a CO not get allocated until all your documents are uploaded, or could they be allocated any time from paying the visa fee?

Q) I have a partner (de facto), not once has it asked for his details....will it ask for his name within the 17 pages somewhere or only when I have paid?

Thanks again!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I presume you have received an Invitation to Apply via SkillSelect? Assuming you have, then as you say the SkillSelect account will make an Apply Now button available. When you click this it will take you to IMMI where you can either login with your existing IMMI account details (which is what I did) or you can create a new IMMI account. Then when you get into IMMI account you should see the link to Apply for the 189/190 Skilled Visa.

If you had to create a IMMI account then having done this, it might be worth going back to SkillSelect and using the Apply Now link again to follow the formal route, but then that time login with your existing IMMI account which you just created. Once you get to the stage of being able to start the VISA application in IMMI then from memory it was 17 pages (which is what you said). It's not until the end of that process, right at the end.. that you get to pay the visa application fee. Once you have done all that then the status of the application in the IMMI account applications view will change to 'Application Received'. Once this happens then you can click the link on the application to take you into the area for that application where you then upload documents and also if needs be can request your HAP ID and Medical Referral letter etc...

I'm not too sure what page you say you are at about Medicals etc... as I don't recall anything along those lines until the application was submitted and I was in the upload area and also able to request medical HAP ID and referral etc.

It's a few weeks since I went through all this and it was at midnight on the day of invitation, so my memory is a little hazy, but it was along the gist of above.

Good luck.

Once you have applied and paid the visa charge then that will open the application for you to start uploading your documents. Some people front load everything and others do most and wait for Medicals and Police Checks until the CO asks. I got all mine done in a 2-3 week period after applying... So in theory now everything is uploaded for ours and ready for when the CO is allocated and looks at the case. The allocation of a CO is not immediately after you apply and/or pay. They will not allocate a CO until at least 6 weeks but could be longer. The average still seems to be 3 months from point of application until VISA grant, though the quickest I have seen is 6 weeks and 2 days, and that was somebody that front loaded everything and so got a Direct Grant and didn't ever receive any contact from a CO at all.

Best of luck with it all... v.exciting times.

Hey, Thanks for the clarity. I understand now that you have to complete the 17 page document, then at the very end it will allow me to pay. It just asked a yes/no question about whether I have had a medical in the 12mths prior to applying for the visa, so I said no because I haven't yet had one.. It then wouldn't let me move forward from that question?! I'll log in now & try again....but I can't say I have had a medical when I haven't, as that is a lie.

Q) Does a CO not get allocated until all your documents are uploaded, or could they be allocated any time from paying the visa fee?

Q) I have a partner (de facto), not once has it asked for his details....will it ask for his name within the 17 pages somewhere or only when I have paid?

Thanks again!

I had put on mine that I have not had a medical in the last 12 months and it allowed me to continue. Are you sure this is the question that has stopped you moving forward?

In answer to your other questions...

once you have paid you should start uploading documents as soon as you can. There is a documents checklist on the immigration website which shows you what documents are needed. A CO will look at your application and will then tell you what extra documents are needed (usually medicals, PCC and possibly form 80)

You will need to put your partners details in somewhere in the 17 pages. Then once you have paid for the visa for both of you, you will then upload documents to prove your relationship.

hope this helps. Good luck x

Archived