Touring from Brisbane to Perth - Adventure starts Oct 2015

Sam Darlow

Hi guys,

Thought I'd better introduce myself and what I'm planning in case anyone had done something similar/wants to tag along ?.

My name's Sam, I'm 20 a y/o guy landing in Brisbane early October, only a couple of weeks!

Ive bought a motorbike in Brisbane (Ducati Multistrada 1200 ?) and will be touring down to Sydney and planning to see the blue mountains, then down to Melbourne/Adelaide before crossing the Nullabor to get to Perth.

It'll take me a month or two and I'm keen to see every part of the country I can, so firstly, has anyone had problems with or would recommend camping?

Secondly and more importantly, what should I definitely go and see on my adventure? ?

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing trip, did one not too dissimlar but went up to Katherine, across to broom and down to Perth that way but took us best part of a year! Campings mostly fine - get the wikicamps app it's great. As for what to do, where to start!? Just drop into tourist info now and again, there's things to do mentioned on wikicamps, do a little research and just generally see what you come across.

enjoy!!

Archived