Mechanic Cairns

Nadz128

Moving to cairns in December, wondered if anyone on here lives In the area....

im a motor mechanic by trade and a very competent, experience one at that...

over 10 years in the trade and very useful on cars trucks vans etc.

what kind of hourly rate/salary in Au$, am I likely to be offered???

average hourly rate/salary??

is there much mechanical work avaliable in the cairns area???

thank you in advance for any input....

kind regards

• 2 months later...

Hello Damon,

myself my wife and two boys have now been in freshwater cairns Queensland for the last 6 days, already it's need amazing, more than any of us could have imagined, I have already hooked up a job and I start next week, my starting wage is $1400 a week and $1100 a week take home, so $4400 a month take home, roughly £2200 a month take home, that's starting wage, my new boss said after 6-12 months, if he thinks I'm competent, I will rise to his normal mechanic wage of $1800 before tax, $1500 after tax a week, so wage is good.

it took me from August 2014 until September 2015 to gain our visas, subclass 189 perminant skilled trade.

just stick it out mate and get it done, commit yourself, and I can assure you won't be looking back!!!!....this is effin paradise mate

could i pm you? id like to know about things like what tests you had to do for the subclass 189 visa! im in perth on holiday currently and i agree, england has nothing on this place, (other than spiders) but id love to know what the tests are like and what you needed to do? and costs etc, as i havent yet come across any other motor mechanics that have managed to move, so any info you could give me would be amazing!

regards