Uploading documents for 189 visa.. certified or scanned originals

ShellyPlatt

Hi

I am trying to gather and prepare all the required documents for 189 visa. Does everything need to be certified copies i.e. birth certificates etc.? Or do you just upload scanned originals? I am hoping to lodge my application in October after EOI so need to be ready!

Also, as the main applicant will it be just me that needs a Form 80 or my husband as well? (not clear on border.gov.au)

Anyone would think I am applying to join MI5!

Any advice appreciated.

The ruling used to be that emailed Colour scans did not need to be certified. Only hard copies (such as black and white photocopies) had to be certified. Hopefully that hasn't changed. All adult applicants included on an application had to do a form 80.

The ruling used to be that emailed Colour scans did not need to be certified. Only hard copies (such as black and white photocopies) had to be certified. Hopefully that hasn't changed. All adult applicants included on an application had to do a form 80.

First bit is correct, but applicants don't need to complete form 80 unless requested, but may complete it if they wish.

Hi ShellyPlatt,

The scanned colour copy of the original document is acceptable. If you will scan copies, then you will need to make certified copies beforehand.

For form 80, be prepared to submit form 80 and form 1221 for you and your husband will be requied to submit form 1221 only . These were part of my additional requirements requested by the case officer.

Also, don t forget to submit your CV, as it was also required.

Regards,

Hisham

Hi ShellyPlatt,

The scanned colour copy of the original document is acceptable. If you will scan copies, then you will need to make certified copies beforehand.

For form 80, be prepared to submit form 80 and form 1221 for you and your husband will be requied to submit form 1221 only . These were part of my additional requirements requested by the case officer.

Also, don t forget to submit your CV, as it was also required.

Regards,

Hisham

Form 1221 is generally only required for applicants from HR countries.

Archived