Lane cove schools and experiences ?

Van

Hi - we have been here now 9months - didn't think it would take as long to buy a house as it would giving birth ! So we have tried many auctions and suburbs in our research ( been outbid and gazumped many times..). Now considering lane cove ... Does anyone have any experiences with the school - it looks quite big - not sure if it will be a bit overwhelming for our two girls who were used to something smaller in the uk...and haven't really settled well where we are renting now .

I like the leafiness Of the area and seems like it might be a quick bus into city ... But don't really know much else about the place . Any school experiences would be great to hear (7 and 8 yr old girls ).

Thanks !

Hello Van

I cannot comment on Lane Cove, but there are many good schools nearby in places like Hunters Hill, Wahroonga and Hornsby.

Lane Cove is a lovely place to live. Quite expensive though and most houses go to auction. Otherwise, if you can buy there, it has a real community type village feel.

To me it actually feels quite small and the township is really only one street. Close to the city for driving and bus. The downside of course is no train line and it has quite bad traffic congestion.

A really nice place to raise children is the Upper North Shore around the following areas: Dural, Galston, Mt Kuring-gai, Asquith, Berowra, Mount Colah, Hornsby Heights, Cowan, Brooklyn, Mooney Mooney and Dangar Island.

Small enough not to be overwhelming, with a real community feel and less than one hour to the CBD. Some of them are quite rural and some are more built up. Very leafy and pretty.

Dural, Galston and Mooney Mooney will require a car. Dangar Island a boat. But all the other places mentioned are on the train line.

Hornsby Girls School (http://www.hornsbygir-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/) constantly gets voted one of the best schools in terms of grades in the state.

Where are you renting now?

Also Van.

Not sure if you are male or female (male I expect with a name like van!?)

BUT to make friends more rapidly

I suggest some of the Facebook pages.

Something like NBM (Northern Beaches Mums)

or

BAM (Berowra Area Mums)

or

NSM (North Shore Mums)

etc.... you get my drift

A thousand new Aussie friends guaranteed.

• 1 month later...

Hi we arrived in Forestville a week ago. Our 8 year old girl has fit straight in at Forestville Public School. We are loving the area.

We wouldn't have thought of here but are staying with friends made through the forum. As soon as we arrived and looked around we loved it. Easy bus ride in to the city/Waringah Mall/Chatswood/all northern beaches. Lovely little shopping area, nice parks and it's so friendly. We're having a great time.

Message me if you'd like to know more.

Talie

Archived