UK pension

ioanna

Hi

I will be accessing my NHS deferred pension at the end of December. I am 57 years old. I now have Aussie pr. I at present earn $30,000 from part time work in Aus and otherwise supported by my spouse. Do I pay tax on the pension here in Aus or in the UK. I know this might sound a silly question, but thanks.

Hi

Typically with UK pensions the income is assessed for tax in Australia, if the UK has deducted any tax then a tax credit in Australia may apply although I understand that it is possible to have the UK pension paid without having tax deducted by completing the attached form (not sure if there is a newer one).

However we are not Tax Advisers so recommend that you check this with your Accountant also.

UKRevenueFD2.pdf

UKRevenueFD2.pdf

Hi

Typically with UK pensions the income is assessed for tax in Australia, if the UK has deducted any tax then a tax credit in Australia may apply although I understand that it is possible to have the UK pension paid without having tax deducted by completing the attached form (not sure if there is a newer one).

However we are not Tax Advisers so recommend that you check this with your Accountant also.

Thankyou very much. I will check if there is a more recent form