457 Visa Sponsorship

Jonny Mac

Hi guys,

I'm hoping on moving out to oz hopefully on a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457). The company I work for are worldwide and have many depots across Australia and are exploring the possibility of sponsoring me on a 457 visa

My question is I can't seem to find my occupation on the skilled list. however the role I would be doing would be of similar I do in the UK and I have the experience and skills required to do the job in Australia.

My occupation is Warehouse Controller the field of which I'm in is Manufacturing Transport and Logistics.

I have a brother that emigrated to Brisbane almost 4 years ago with his family I believe come February he will be applying for citizenship

Would I qualify to meet the requirements to gain a 457 visa

Any help and information would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Jonny

hi again. it seems I have skills required in the Transport Company Manager role. however I'm not in a mangers position at the moment.

could this help in my current situation as this title is on the list ?

As long as they employ you under the job title that features on the list AND that's the job you will be doing, it should be ok.

Might be worth, you or your company consulting with a registered migration agent for this application as it doesn't sound as straight forward as some.

Also bear in mind that the job has to be available in Australia and must have been advertised and deemed that there are no suitable citizens or permanent residents available to do the work. Only then can it be offered to a 457 sponsored applicant.

this is my job role at present.......Planning coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of New and Used Fork Trucks, prioritizing conflicting demands when necessary.

Using storage space efficiently to ensure the company’s quality and budgetary targets are met.

Updating stock control systems to ensure inventories are accurate

Liaise with local transport companies and completion of relevant documentation for domestic movements.

Liaise with freight forwarders for export movements; completion of the relevant documentation for customs declaration purposes.

Safe Loading of all types of Fork Trucks into containers and trailers for Road/ Rail and Sea transportation

Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone.

Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment. i have serched the list many hours would there be something in there that i would match

thanks

Captain C

do i stand more of a chance now with the information i have sent

thanks

Hi Jonny,

The bottom line in these cases are that you can identify an occupation on the SOL or CSOL and you can provide evidence of your proven ability to conduct all aspects of that particular job to an assessing authority.

You won't know this for sure until you identify the occupation most suited and wait to see what the assessing authority come back with.

Archived