Declaring wood...Movecube

shelz

Hello :-)

So its 2 weeks until our large move cube arrives and i'm looking through the paperwork.

One of the questions is asking if any wood is being shipped and to list the items...

So wooden items include...wooden bed slats for the base, wooden photo frames, the sofa base frame is wood, the wardrobes are wood, X 2 chest drawers pine i think, frame of a canvas print is wood, i have a couple of hand carved wooden items - i got from a shop in tenerife - so do i need to list all these on the form?? Not sure whats 'treated' and what's not... So confused...

I asked the driver who did a site check today and he didn't know either :-/

Also just in case its checked and they say the wood needs treating how much is it?

Thanks in advance x

We didn't worry about wood in furniture that was modern as its all treated etc.

The one thing we clearly declared was my old antique wooden blanket box. We also cleaned and varnished it prior to packing and painted the handles and so on once over to ensure they looked fresh and clean. Before we varnished it it was untreated wood and a concern to us. Now we are here, I've stripped the varnish off and am returning it to its original state :)

If things need treating, it could become very expensive. New furniture should be fine but older stuff... depends on the day and who is looking over your cube. They do open then, our cube was checked and 3 boxes opened and checked against the list we had to submit. They looked at the boxes with shoes and Xmas decorations. We didn't have anything xmas dec wise that was iffy as we'd binned it all before we shipped. No pine cones, fake cones, fake berries or anything.

I'd declare the hand carved stuff if it were me. The furniture, if its modern and decent I'd not worry overly.

I agree, perhaps the carved stuff but for unit ure and especially picture frames I wouldn't bother with. It can make the whole thing very expensive if you start declaring all sorts of bits and bobs. Also be sure to put anything you do declare right at the front for easy access, they are less likely to start opening other boxes then.