309 visa processing time for UK citizen - nervous!

markp

I'm about to submit my 309 visa app so that my Aussie wife, daughter and I can move to Oz from England. We have everything lined up to move in early Feb and I stupidly assumed we had enough time. Now I'm reading online about 10-14 months processing time.

Can anyone offer any advice around whether this is what it is likely to be? And is there any way round it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm about to submit my 309 visa app so that my Aussie wife, daughter and I can move to Oz from England. We have everything lined up to move in early Feb and I stupidly assumed we had enough time. Now I'm reading online about 10-14 months processing time.

Can anyone offer any advice around whether this is what it is likely to be? And is there any way round it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe the visa processing times are anything up to 12 months. That said, my mates sister just had their 309 Visa approved (her boyfriend is Aussie and they've just had a baby today) after around 6 months I believe.

It really depends on how much work you create for the Case Officer, how many visa applications they have on their work load and what your circumstances are etc etc...

If it's straight forward ie you don't have any criminal convictions, you'll pass your medicals no problems and there's no other issues, you could have it approved a lot quicker than the advertised times. That said, don't expect it to happen quicker than what you wanted.

Good luck!

The wait time for many is around 10-12 months from what I am reading. You go into the queue and then its a waiting game. You can only go on the listed wait times which they inform you of once you lodge.

Perhaps consider the on shore partner visa option if you want to be over there in February and able to remain (and work iirc). If you go that route, ensure you don't carry all your application paperwork with you when you travel as if they stop and check you, it could look might suspect to be carrying all that when you are visiting as a tourist. Fed ex it over at some point.

Archived