Visa 189 - Medicals prior to Application

Stablemav

Hi,

Looking for a little guidance based on members' previous experience. We have logged our EOI and expect to be invited to apply in the September round.

I have reviewed the process for scheduling medicals and have a question. The QA on the border.gov.uk website states that if you have already applied for a visa then you should not complete the My health declarations process, fair enough. So am i right in thinking that if we did complete the my health declaration process we would receive our HAP id to enable us to book our medicals and then once we are invited to apply that we enter that HAP ID into the application prior to submission? So the two tie together - and this would not hold us up with the processing. Additionally, would we have to have completed the medicals prior to submitting the application if we complete the my health declarations and receive a HAP ID?

Thanks in advance

Simon

That's correct.

In order to prevent the delay then get the medicals completed before you lodge the application, but it doesn't actually matter.

The reason for not doing the health dec through 'My Health Declarations' after you've already applied is that there is the potential of having two HAP ID's which confuses things.

We went through the "My Health Declartions" and booked in our medicals whilst waiting for our invitation to apply. We actually went for the examinations after we had applied. I somehow ended up with two HAP ID's but just asked the medical centre which one they used and then used this on the application.

I'd recommend doing medicals and your police checks before applying/before the case officer requests you to do these. That way you application could go through without ever needed to be allocated to a case officer. HOWEVER you should note medicals and police checks are only valid for 12 months so if you arne't planning to make a trip to Oz in the next 12 months (to activate the Visa) then hold off

Yes I did medicals n police checks before requested n never got any communication from case officer. .only correspondence I got was direct visa grant 4 weeks after applying for 189 :) not saying it will happen that fast for everyone but I think me having everything uploaded n ready avoided any delays. Depends when u r able to go I guess. .u might wanna do meds n police checks as late as possible if your wanting to delay entry..For me once I decide I'm doing something I do it all ASAP!

I also recommend doing them first, we arranged ours (the actual examination was after applying but we had the HAP IDs before) and the police checks and ended up with a direct grant. If you're waiting for the CO to ask you you're likely to be adding time.

I also recommend doing them first, we arranged ours (the actual examination was after applying but we had the HAP IDs before) and the police checks and ended up with a direct grant. If you're waiting for the CO to ask you you're likely to be adding time.

You are quite right despite some other people's views on this, it is generally not necessary to wait for a request from a CO for a 189 visa. It all depends on the individual applicants forward plans and whether they can make the activation trip in time.

Archived