189 visa for Teacher

Tommyers

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can give me some guidance on the next stage of my visa application.

I have just submitted an EOI for my 189 Skilled visa. I scored 60 points. Now my understanding is that this is the threshold, however, I have not taken the IELTS test.

Would it be paramount for my application to get the 10-20 additional points to bolster my application? Having seen the occupation ceilings for Secondary School Teachers for 2015-16 (80 of a possible 8352) it seems as though there is more than enough requirement for Teachers, am I being overconfident? I say this as another post (http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/236754-189-visa-lodged-august-2015-a-2.html ) , post#19, stated, however in the last 2 rounds (July & Aug), not one single 60 pointer has received an invite. I say this based on seeing someone with a lodgement date of 24th March who has still not got an invite. Even if once the 65 point backlog is cleared, some allocations go to 60 pointers, it will take months to get to July 60 pointers.’

My second question is about the medical. It seems as though I can only register, and subsequently take the medical test, once I have received an invitation to apply. Is there any way to start this process earlier so that I can have the documentation ready once I receive my invitation?

And finally, is there any way I can use my CRB for the Police Clearance Certificate? Or does this need to be a specific document?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Tom

Pass on your queue questions.

On the medicals, it is just not sensible to do these before time. They expire, they shorten your validation timeframe and further more it is practically messy and people have reported having trouble lodging the application and matching it to medicals when they have done medical first.

On police checks, CRB is not required it is the ACPO you need to do and no you cannot substitute.

Hi,

With the quote you had from the previous thread relating to 60 points not receiving an invite this relates to accountants. For this occupation there is a backlog as the ceiling for applications was reached last year.

As a secondary teacher you would not be waiting long for an invite on 60 points, I'd guess between 1-3 invitation rounds. People with more points do get invited first so if you wanted to guarantee an invitation on the next round I would suggest taking the IELTS or Pearson English test to boost your points. If you aren't in a hurry to get your visa I'd just wait it out. If you look at this link you can see that lots of people with 60 points were invited in the August invitation round. http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-3-august-2015-round-results.aspx

Good Luck

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My wife is going to start ATISL assessment for immigration class 189 as secondary school teacher, she is currently Teaching English in Dubai.

AITSL requires 45 days supervised teaching practice. During her studies she completed this but she doesn't have any sort of document/certificate.

could you let us know what sort of this document. is there any specific format/template? Accordingly she will go to her university and request to furnish the same.

Naveed

Archived