SkillSelect Results and Stats from July 6th 2015 Invitation Round

RMT1980

Ok, so finally Border.gov.au have updated their SkillSelect area on the website with the results of the Invitation Round carried out on 6th July 2015 (first of new programme year), and as I had feared/suspected, the 3 pro-rated Occupations didn't receive any invites for anyone with an EOI less than 65 points. It doesn't reveal how many were invited from each points banding, but it is possible to see they invited the full pro-rated allotment (e.g. 447 for 2613 - Software and Application Programmers) - so it will have been a mixture of 65+ pointers. The second invitation round of this programme year has also just taken place on 3rd Aug but the website hasn't been updated to reflect the stats from this round yet, but it will be very interesting to see the points cut-off from that, as I would hope that some 60 pointers got through in August - to give a glimmer of hope for September also.

The cut-off was only as far as 65 points in this round due to the large backlog of EOI from the end of the last programme year where those Occupation codes had already reached their ceilings and ceased receiving invites. We can only hope that a large amount of the backlog has been cleared in the July and August rounds, and that they will be able to invite 60 pointers from September onwards.

Huge congrats to anyone that got an invite for the pro-rated Occupations in the July 6th Invitation round (or indeed August), and here's looking forward to the next round in September, where hopefully they will have already cleared some of the 65+ point backlog and then be able to provide invites to the large portion of patient applicants with EOI on 60 points.

For those that don't know where the invitation round stats are then here is the link; http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-6-july-2015-round-results.aspx

Would be interesting to hear from others who have made an EOI for one of the pro-rated Occupation codes, and when the EOI was made and for how many points.

Ok, so finally Border.gov.au have updated their SkillSelect area on the website with the results of the Invitation Round carried out on 6th July 2015 (first of new programme year), and as I had feared/suspected, the 3 pro-rated Occupations didn't receive any invites for anyone with an EOI less than 65 points. It doesn't reveal how many were invited from each points banding, but it is possible to see they invited the full pro-rated allotment (e.g. 447 for 2613 - Software and Application Programmers) - so it will have been a mixture of 65+ pointers. The second invitation round of this programme year has also just taken place on 3rd Aug but the website hasn't been updated to reflect the stats from this round yet, but it will be very interesting to see the points cut-off from that, as I would hope that some 60 pointers got through in August - to give a glimmer of hope for September also.

The cut-off was only as far as 65 points in this round due to the large backlog of EOI from the end of the last programme year where those Occupation codes had already reached their ceilings and ceased receiving invites. We can only hope that a large amount of the backlog has been cleared in the July and August rounds, and that they will be able to invite 60 pointers from September onwards.

Huge congrats to anyone that got an invite for the pro-rated Occupations in the July 6th Invitation round (or indeed August), and here's looking forward to the next round in September, where hopefully they will have already cleared some of the 65+ point backlog and then be able to provide invites to the large portion of patient applicants with EOI on 60 points.

For those that don't know where the invitation round stats are then here is the link; http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-6-july-2015-round-results.aspx

Would be interesting to hear from others who have made an EOI for one of the pro-rated Occupation codes, and when the EOI was made and for how many points.

Thanks RMT this is a good summary of what happened... let's hope we get the invitations in September.... fingers crossed.

How many points do you have?

Thanks RMT this is a good summary of what happened... let's hope we get the invitations in September.... fingers crossed.

How many points do you have?

... check out my signature on posts... all stats/points in there for me.

Archived