Builder Recommndations - North Adelaide

wandarri

Hi everyone, we need to do some building work here - plumbing electric and building - have any of our recent arrivals had a good builder that they have dealt with that they can recommend. Or are there any builders out there that have arrived from the UK that are looking for work?

We are based in North East Adelaide. 6km from the city

cheers

We didn't use them but when we were looking at builders for our house we considered Donato Homes. They are an Italian family run company based in the North East and we were very impressed with them even though we went with a different builder in the end. They do extensions and renovations as well as new builds.

Many thanks, why did you not use them then? and who did you use in the end and why -

We used Sekisui for our build. I'd recommend them but I'm pretty sure they only do new build houses. It was a difficult decision but in the end we just felt that Sekisui were better suited to our needs at the time, particularly as it was the first time we had built a house. Being a big corporate type builder they were able to do a bit more hand holding through the process which was better for us. Had we known a bit more about what we were doing and how the process works I think I would have been happier going with Donato. They would probably have been a bit cheaper as well.

Many thanks NicF - I have called Vince and he is coming to do a quote for us - he sounded really great and I like the idea that it is 3 of his family members doing the build - will post and let you know how we get on next year!

Archived