Qualified children's nurse looking to move to Perth

Traceyyozza1981

Hi, thanks in advance for taking the time to read. I am a children's nurse, currently working on accident and emergency in a children's hospital. I'm married with children and fancy a move to Perth but just don't know where to start or what I need. A friend highly recommended this forum from her move.

Any advice would be great, thanks again x

The first step is to get a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing body. You need to go onto the border.gov.au website and take a look at the 189 Skilled Independent Visa, Skilled Occupations List (SOL) 2015-2016

On the SOL you need to identify you profession. I am pretty confident that a Paediatric Nurse is on the SOL and on the right hand column it will show you, and direct you to, the assessing body for your occupation.

Once you've obtained a positive skills assessment, you then need to submit a Expression of Interest (EOI) via SkillSelect on the Border.gov.au website. Depending on how many points you make (you need a minimum of 60 to qualify) general deems how quickly you'll receive an invitation to apply for the 189 Visa.

Firstly though, you need to concentrate on your skills assessment and get that out of the way before moving forward!

There's things like English exams that may need to be done (IELTS, PTE Academic etc)

It's a lengthy process. Expect it to take close to, if not more than, a year

Anmac do your skills assessment and can take up to 3 - 4 months...you also need to register with ahpra to be able to practice as a nurse..that can also take a few months...so ahpra, Anmac and immigration website to see which visa you are eligble for/want r places to start....or you could ask for initial free consultation with an agent. If you have a degree rather than a diploma it will make process much easier.

Archived