Accountant - Chances of invite for NSW State sponsorship?

terry3218

Thanks. I am considering applying as an external auditor, not an internal though. I have another question, is it possible to lodge an EOI before getting a positive skills assessment for external auditor? Like I'll apply for both accountany and auditor, and if I get an invitation for external auditor first, then I'll change my ANZSCO cide to external auditor through CPA.

Thanks. I am considering applying as an external auditor, not an internal though. I have another question, is it possible to lodge an EOI before getting a positive skills assessment for external auditor? Like I'll apply for both accountany and auditor, and if I get an invitation for external auditor first, then I'll change my ANZSCO cide to external auditor through CPA.

No no no no!!!!

If you do that and subsequently apply for a visa you'll likely be barred from entering Australia for three years for false declaration!

I would strongly recommend that you employ a migration agent before making any decisions.

No no no no!!!!

If you do that and subsequently apply for a visa you'll likely be barred from entering Australia for three years for false declaration!

I would strongly recommend that you employ a migration agent before making any decisions.

Ok but assuming that I will definitely get the positive skills assessment for external auditor after the invitation, that is still false declaration?

I would recommend doing things one step at a time, you will most likely mess things up if you over complicate them. The info I gave you a couple of posts ago still stands.

If I was you I would:

1. Submit 190 visa state sponsorship EOI for Accountant;

2. While the 190 visa EOI is in the system apply for skills assessment for External Auditor;

3. If you don't receive State sponsorship when your positive skills assessment for External Auditor is IN YOUR HAND then withdraw the state sponsorship.

4. Make a new EOI for 189 visa for External Auditor.

In that order.

Ok but assuming that I will definitely get the positive skills assessment for external auditor after the invitation, that is still false declaration?

Absolutely yes

The date on the skills assessment will be after the EOI, so you will have falsely declared that you hold a valid skills assessment. Please don't do this, you will destroy any chance of getting a visa or indeed any chance of entering australia even for a holiday just in one click of a mouse.

I would recommend doing things one step at a time, you will most likely mess things up if you over complicate them. The info I gave you a couple of posts ago still stands.

If I was you I would:

1. Submit 190 visa state sponsorship EOI for Accountant;

2. While the 190 visa EOI is in the system apply for skills assessment for External Auditor;

3. If you don't receive State sponsorship when your positive skills assessment for External Auditor is IN YOUR HAND then withdraw the state sponsorship.

4. Make a new EOI for 189 visa for External Auditor.

In that order.

I have discovered that I can only have one skills assessment from CPA so if I change my ANZSCO code to Auditor, I will have to forego my accountant skills assessment. So if I apply for an accountant fir 189 and 190, and I get rejected for 190, my EOI will still be in pool for 189. So now I have to select either the accountant or auditor. Another worrying trend is since many people are considering changing their anzsco code to external auditor, I am afraid by the time (if) I get reject for 190, most of the places for auditor might be filled.

I have discovered that I can only have one skills assessment from CPA so if I change my ANZSCO code to Auditor, I will have to forego my accountant skills assessment. So if I apply for an accountant fir 189 and 190, and I get rejected for 190, my EOI will still be in pool for 189. So now I have to select either the accountant or auditor. Another worrying trend is since many people are considering changing their anzsco code to external auditor, I am afraid by the time (if) I get reject for 190, most of the places for auditor might be filled.

I wonder how CPA will enforce that if you already have an accountants skills assessment in your hand. However if that's what you've been told then go by the info given by CPA.

You have two choices now, either continue with accountant or change to External auditor, only you can make that choice now. Based on the way things are with a massive influx of accountants applying (as there is every year) External Auditor may very well be your best bet

I highly doubt that External Auditor will be filled, the occupation has been on the SOL for several years and accountants have been in danger of dropping off the list also for several years, I would imagine that the occupation filling up would have happened already.

Again, I vigorously recommend a migration agent as your queries are getting very complicated.

I wonder how CPA will enforce that if you already have an accountants skills assessment in your hand. However if that's what you've been told then go by the info given by CPA.

You have two choices now, either continue with accountant or change to External auditor, only you can make that choice now. Based on the way things are with a massive influx of accountants applying (as there is every year) External Auditor may very well be your best bet

I highly doubt that External Auditor will be filled, the occupation has been on the SOL for several years and accountants have been in danger of dropping off the list also for several years, I would imagine that the occupation filling up would have happened already.

Again, I vigorously recommend a migration agent as your queries are getting very complicated.

terry3218 - Captain C is absolutely spot on - be careful to get your positive skills assessment FIRST.

If you are a qualified CA and have enough auditing experience to get a positive assessment under auditing, then this will likely be the quickest route under the 189 visa category. I would call CPA and as to see if you could get a verbal opinion on whether they would be happy to issue you with an auditor skills assessment. I am presuming you have extensive audit experience - if so then all should be good.

Just make sure the years of experience (in auditing) will also give you enough points to get a minimum of 60 points...

Good luck Terry....

• 4 months later...
Hi,

I have submitted eoi for general accountant and external auditor for NSW 190 on 21/09/2015 with 60 + 5 points with 7 in ielts. still haven't received any invite. can you please advise, what are the chances of me to get invitation? thank you

Unlikely. The current 189 points are 70, so I would imagine that the state sponsorship will be very hard to get. The suggestion by some is that 80 points are the minimum that is being accepted by the states, but this is only hearsay at present.

Unlikely. The current 189 points are 70, so I would imagine that the state sponsorship will be very hard to get. The suggestion by some is that 80 points are the minimum that is being accepted by the states, but this is only hearsay at present.

Know a person, who got invite within ~20 days after submission, accountant 70+5.

Archived