Query regarding state sponsorship subclass 190

Feejay

I had certain queries, which I wanted to clarify

Is there any sufficient fund requirement for NSW Subclass 190 state sponsorship?

I initially applied for 189 and claimed 5 points for work experience, with that I reached to a total of 60 points and was issued an invitation; furnished all the requirements and waited for grant; high commission approached my employer/HR for job verification but they are not promptly responding/taking interest in verifying my employment; though verification call came at my manager's work desk but unfortunately he was on vacation and substitute manager responded the call and gave basic basic details to the immigration officer such as my presence in the work place. my tenure and the immediate head whom i report to and whose letter i submitted

[though i am not certain that where exactly this takes my 189 application to]; still now I haven't got any negative feedback from DIBP regarding my application which makes me assume that its still under processing and this wait will yield to precious fruit

*fingers crossed*

with respect to this I want an expert opinion that what can be possibilities of my application output ? keeping in view all what I have stated above

Also

for safe side I have just applied to NSW state sponsorship as well in which I have not mentioned my work experience inorder to be mentally free from employer botheration and job verification hassles and claimed the remaining 5 points through state/territory nomination (age 30 points, ielts 10 points, skill assessment 15 points, state nomination 5 points, so total 60 points)

In this regard I wanted to ask that what are my chances to secure a state nomination after not mentioning my work experience ,my ANZSCO is 263311 - Telecommunications Engineer, which belongs to ICT and is currently in high demand in the province

detailed response to the above mentioned queries be highly appreciated

Hi @Feejay the conversation between DIBP and your employer sounds like it should be enough to satisfy them that you are employed there. However it is difficult to say without knowing the specifics.

It would be helpful to know when you applied for the visa, and also if you have had any contact with the case officer.

There may be some other checks going on in the background so unless your application has been in for over three months you are still within the published visa processing time standard.

Just to make you aware, the presence of an occupation on the skilled occupation list or consolidated skilled occupation list does not mean that it is in high demand, in fact for ICT it is the opposite. There is an abundance of ICT professionals in Australia and also currently applying for visas to work in Australia so please bear in mind when applying for a job that there is likely to be a high number of applicants for it, so you must sell yourself in the best possible way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks @The Pom Queen, could you please throw a light over my mentioned scenario ? Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed response captain;

Unfortunately, on 17th July 2015, I got an adverse information letter from DIBP that they are unable to verify my employment and that I should submit in writing my clarification within 28 days, to which I submitted a strong detailed response in my defense with supporting evidences as well [including original office card, genuine payslips and account statements (highlighting my employer's name as Salary creditor to my account) ]; In the letter it was also misquoted that call attempts were made in June too which is wrong as calls only came in May;

I Highlighted that the job verification calls came twice only in the month of May ,not in June, but my manager was absent during these days and substitute manager who picked the calls, informed my manager's absence as well to the Immigration officer, requested him to call again as soon as my manager arrives (shared a tentative time of my manager's arrival as first week of June), and upon request also took Immigration officer's contact details to inform him as soon as my manager rejoins;

my manager arrived on 4th June 2015 and the same day I made that Immigration officer informed about my manager's arrival by the substitute manager [ guy who previously picked the phone calls from high commission] through phone call; but Immigration officer never called again;

I have emphasized in that letter to try establishing contact again with my manager through provided details on the letter so that my employment be verified ASAP; also I did apology for the inconvenience faced in contacting my manager ;

hope something positive comes out as a result ! I can bear the prolonged wait but not an undesired response so its OK to me how much time they would take !

Here is my time-line

I filed for EOI on 8th August 2014, Got Invited on 11th August; Furnished and submitted all requirements till 25th October 2014, Medical Request Came on 11th December 2014; Medical Conducted on 30th December 2014 [ Results of which I guess would have been transmitted by eMedical via HAP id in a day or two]; In the month of May job verification call came to my office and rest of the story you know very well....

Thanks for the detailed response captain;

Unfortunately, on 17th July 2015, I got an adverse information letter from DIBP that they are unable to verify my employment and that I should submit in writing my clarification within 28 days, to which I submitted a strong detailed response in my defense with supporting evidences as well [including original office card, genuine payslips and account statements (highlighting my employer's name as Salary creditor to my account) ]; In the letter it was also misquoted that call attempts were made in June too which is wrong as calls only came in May;

I Highlighted that the job verification calls came twice only in the month of May ,not in June, but my manager was absent during these days and substitute manager who picked the calls, informed my manager's absence as well to the Immigration officer, requested him to call again as soon as my manager arrives (shared a tentative time of my manager's arrival as first week of June), and upon request also took Immigration officer's contact details to inform him as soon as my manager rejoins;

my manager arrived on 4th June 2015 and the same day I made that Immigration officer informed about my manager's arrival by the substitute manager [ guy who previously picked the phone calls from high commission] through phone call; but Immigration officer never called again;

I have emphasized in that letter to try establishing contact again with my manager through provided details on the letter so that my employment be verified ASAP; also I did apology for the inconvenience faced in contacting my manager ;

hope something positive comes out as a result ! I can bear the prolonged wait but not an undesired response so its OK to me how much time they would take !

Here is my time-line

I filed for EOI on 8th August 2014, Got Invited on 11th August; Furnished and submitted all requirements till 25th October 2014, Medical Request Came on 11th December 2014; Medical Conducted on 30th December 2014 [ Results of which I guess would have been transmitted by eMedical via HAP id in a day or two]; In the month of May job verification call came to my office and rest of the story you know very well....

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't see your replies until just now.

So it seems that you have made positive steps to prove your employment experience. Payslips, letter headed references and statements, bank statements with employer name as creditor will all help for the employment verification.

It might also be helpful if your employer (manager) was to write a brief explanation that he was away on holiday, or whatever the reason for his absence was, at the times that the calls were made and explain about the stand in manager taking their place for the period specified. The manager should also include all their company contact details and say something like 'if you need further info then please don't hesitate to contact me'.

Basically, anything you can provide is going to help your cause. You have been waiting a long time for the visa and is certainly well over the published processing times but it's fairly common for the department to do additional checks for some applicants especially for those from high risk countries.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't see your replies until just now.

So it seems that you have made positive steps to prove your employment experience. Payslips, letter headed references and statements, bank statements with employer name as creditor will all help for the employment verification.

It might also be helpful if your employer (manager) was to write a brief explanation that he was away on holiday, or whatever the reason for his absence was, at the times that the calls were made and explain about the stand in manager taking their place for the period specified. The manager should also include all their company contact details and say something like 'if you need further info then please don't hesitate to contact me'.

Basically, anything you can provide is going to help your cause. You have been waiting a long time for the visa and is certainly well over the published processing times but it's fairly common for the department to do additional checks for some applicants especially for those from high risk countries.

Yep, I know, being a Pakistani, I have to be gone through additional checks until they are satisfied, which is all OK for me as I am not in a hurry :)

Archived