should I input my work experience in the EOI? please help

savedbytheson

Hi,

I am intending to apply for SS with Baker as my nominated occupation and have worked as a Baker for the last 4 years or so, however I noticed that I couldn't claim points from it since the breakdown is as follow:

- 8 months Australian work experience as Baker before receiving related certificate III qualification.

- 10 months Australian work experience as Baker after receiving related certificate III qualification.

- 2 years and 10 months overseas work experience as Baker after receiving related certificate III qualification.

Now I am aware that to claim the points from the experience, it needs to be AFTER I received the qualification (unless the assessing body recognizes the prior). Therefore I am unable to claim any points either from my Australian or overseas working experience (the latter one because it is less than 3 years).

The problem is, when I try to fill the EOI, it asks for my employment history and automatically counts the Australian experience as 1 year and give me extra 5 points which means I will be overclaiming the points. Now I am confused.. Should I fill it anyway or just leave the employment history empty? If I leave it empty, will it affect my application somehow? Since EOI asks for employment history within the last 10 years.

Thanks heaps for all those answering..

I have a really similar question that I would really love some advice on.

I have submitted my EOI and received my invitation and have NOT claimed points for work experience (I just included my jobs but then didn't tick the box to say it was relevant - even though it actually is).

Now on the main application, my work history has been carried over from my EOI, and still there is a box next to each job ticked as not relevant.

But underneath this there is a new question:

Has the applicant been employed in Australia in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?

So I am confused, I have already claimed my points for the EOI, so surely I should be honest here and say YES I have worked in my nominated profession for a year, otherwise I will be telling a lie (which I am paranoid about doing). I am worried if I say YES they might want me to get references etc which I am trying to avoid.

Archived