EOI Invitation-When?

xiaoh2

Hi,

I'm introduced by a friend to this website to check my position in the queue of waiting for 189 invitation.

I submitted my EOI on 3rd June for General Accountant, 60 points. I didn't get invited in July around obviously, I understand I have to wait longer... But my current visa is going to expire by the end of September. If I'm not invited by September around, I have to go back to my country waiting for my visa to be granted before I can come back!! I'm currently full-timely working, I don't want to lose my job.... :arghh:

Can anyone please share your own status? Or anyone could advise if I may get invited in the next 2 rounds? Or anyone has any idea of what other kind of visa I could apply while waiting so I can stay in Australia for my work...?

Please help!! SOS!!:cry:

As there are a limited amount of Accountant places available per month you may find it difficult to get an invite with only 60 points within the timescales that you state.

If you do get an invite in August/September only after you apply for your 189 visa and pay the VAC may you be eligible for a bridging visa until your primary (189) visa is being processed.

If you aren't invited in August/September then you will be in some degree of difficulty I think. The invitation rounds are monthly now so it has left you even less room for manoeuvre, especially with your current visa running out during September.

If your current visa expires then you will have to leave the country unless you

A. Get a bridging visa after you have been invited AND applied for your 189 visa

Or

B. obtain a new visa. (The only way I can see this happening is if the company you work for sponsor you)

Either way, unless your new visa or BV has work entitlements then you will not be able to work.

One more option is to get extra points to help speed things along, try increasing your English test score if applicable.

Hi,

I'm introduced by a friend to this website to check my position in the queue of waiting for 189 invitation.

I submitted my EOI on 3rd June for General Accountant, 60 points. I didn't get invited in July around obviously, I understand I have to wait longer... But my current visa is going to expire by the end of September. If I'm not invited by September around, I have to go back to my country waiting for my visa to be granted before I can come back!! I'm currently full-timely working, I don't want to lose my job.... :arghh:

Can anyone please share your own status? Or anyone could advise if I may get invited in the next 2 rounds? Or anyone has any idea of what other kind of visa I could apply while waiting so I can stay in Australia for my work...?

Please help!! SOS!!:cry:

Hi - September is possible, in which case you may be able to get a bridging VISA... however, it is far from guaranteed.... I would assume the worse and look for any back up plans... As CapC said - Can you get sponsored by your employer.... that would speed things up a lot...

If you can get more points on English then this really improves your chances...

Thank you for your advice @CaptainC!

I might not be able to get sponsorship from my employer because the company is not eligible to do it. Yes you are right I need extra points by doing English test...

I am also thinking about applying another student visa and work maximum 40 hours fortnightly after confessing to my employer...

It's really frustrating...:sad:

Thank you @Pommie! I would assume I might not be invited in September round... My backup plan is to apply for a student visa and work less if necessary...

I have been trying IELTS for several times but always get 0.5 point short... I might start to consider PTE...

Archived