Location Location

101redroses

Hi all

A few months have passed since my first post and I still hope to return to the UK in about 12 months. I have not lived in England since 1997 so I would appreciate recommendations on locations to settle. I work in the corporate world and my husband is a builder so we need a city within close reach (not really problem in the UK) and we have 3 kids. I'm originally from SE London/Kent and OH from Liverpool and have family in both locations.

I'm sure work will determine where we end up but it's would be good to hear about places you have returned to and settled well. At the moment we live in Sydney.

Thank you!

I think employment is good. Like everywhere it's harder than it used to be, but if you keep trying eventually something comes up and we've never really struggled.

Nice areas near us are Chichester and Fareham, near to cities and the coast.

Good Luck!

Hi all

A few months have passed since my first post and I still hope to return to the UK in about 12 months. I have not lived in England since 1997 so I would appreciate recommendations on locations to settle. I work in the corporate world and my husband is a builder so we need a city within close reach (not really problem in the UK) and we have 3 kids. I'm originally from SE London/Kent and OH from Liverpool and have family in both locations.

I'm sure work will determine where we end up but it's would be good to hear about places you have returned to and settled well. At the moment we live in Sydney.

Thank you!

Go to Liverpool....(I'm very biased) ;-)

best thing to do is check out what jobs are available. I know in the north west there is loads of work for tradies. apparently they are doing up the docks in Liverpool and building an area like Dubai with the massive sky scrappers. I had a look as hubby is plasterer and there was loads of adverts. my dad said there is a bit of a shortage of tradies now in the uk.

Archived