Best Visa? Partner or Skilled worker? Help!!

Aprilfool

Hi

Trying to decide what would be the quickest and most cost effective way to get my Husband a Visa. I am a PR and my 2 sons are citizens. My plan was to apply for partner visa but my husband also falls into the skilled worker category as he is a qualified sheet metal worker but has since gone on to qualify as a welding inspector with cswip 3.2 qualifications amongst others as well as quality management experience.

What option would be the best? Any advice much appreciated.

Also does anyone know anything about applying for partner visa (820) once we are in oz? I wasn't sure what type of visa he could enter on as my concern with temp visa is his ability to work.

Again any advice would be much appreciated x

Thanks

It's up to you which vusa really. I guess you could co pare the time and cost of getting each. Partner visa takes longer and is more expensive, but the skilled migrant vusa has a few hoops to jump through before you can apply, like IELTS and skills assessment. So you need to look into skills assessment and see what it involves and how long it takes.

There is no visa designed to allow you to come onshore and lodge a partner vusa application. People do it on a tourist visa, but that is not without risk, if it is suspected he is not a tourist, then he could be turned away at the door.

Archived